Page 1 of 1
Directional Lighting for R/C Battery Locos
Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:34 pm
by alan2525
Does anyone have an article or website link regarding fitting directional lighting to a r/c controlled Battery Loco? It's an IP Jessie that I've fitted an RCS System to.
I might just fit a couple of centre off toggle switches in the cab, so I can switch the lights independantly if there is a train behind the loco.
Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:10 pm
by MDLR
You can get LEDs which change colour when you change the direction of the current - IP Engineering put them in the Lollypop Farm railcar. If you can lay your hands on some, it would cut down on wiring and they'd be controlled from your forward / reverse function.
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:26 pm
by MoelygestLR
Did you get any further on this alan? Its just that I am in the current situation of wanting to do the same thing and i like the idea of the changing colour LEDs so that when in forwards gear the front one can be white and the back one red and vice versa .....
any help on this would be appriciated.
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:20 pm
by alan2525
In the end I just installed micro dpdt toggle switches on a control panel in the cab, that way I can switch lights on/off as required. If I have a train behind the loco, i can switch off the tail lamp and just run with a headlamp.