Peckforton Light Railway - Video Library

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Peckforton Light Railway - Video Library

Post by ge_rik » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:16 am

Thanks chaps. I do worry that my "Extracts" videos might be a bit samey, but your feedback seems to suggest they still retain your interest.
Working my way through Part 2 - edited the footage just adding the commentary. Where's Bill Nighy when you need him ........ :? :lol:

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:59 pm

I've beaten you to it this time Rik. Your part 2 video has appeared on YouTube before you announced it, and is another superb example of your mastery at filming and narrating the Peckforton story. I think this is superb and shows your scenic work off brilliantly. I particularly like the castle walls being overtaken by plant growth. You have obviously grown a third hand too, most impressive.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by drewzero1 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:31 am

I enjoyed the first part thoroughly, not realizing that a part 2 was coming hot on its heels!

gregh
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by gregh » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:16 am

The PLR must be the busiest light railway in Britain. I need to buy shares - they must be skyrocketing.

Good one again Rik.
Greg from downunder.
The Sandstone & Termite's website: https://members.optusnet.com.au/satr/satr.htm

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:51 pm

Peter Butler wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:59 pm I've beaten you to it this time Rik. Your part 2 video has appeared on YouTube before you announced it, and is another superb example of your mastery at filming and narrating the Peckforton story. I think this is superb and shows your scenic work off brilliantly. I particularly like the castle walls being overtaken by plant growth. You have obviously grown a third hand too, most impressive.
Thanks Peter. A third hand would certainly be 'handy'
Here's the link to Part 2 btw

Rik
------------------------

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:13 pm

The History of The PLR Part 7 - charting progress through 2023

I hope you enjoy

Rik
------------------------

dudeface
Fireman
Fireman

Post by dudeface » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:36 pm

Don't worry about the rain if you want realistic running! :lol:
https://m.youtube.com/@Dudeface167
Miles-- Trains are fun. With the exception of track power. Argh!

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:30 am

Brilliant video Rik again. Have you a file on that chassis you made with the big motor and more details on it, or is there a separate thread. Lost touch has you know mate, but I am slowly getting back to normal now, still having to pace myself though.

1,000,000 Blog viewers Rik, that's awesome. I have noticed on Google that you come up on the first page of some searches that I put in for various things. Thats another achievement that's worthy of praise for someone who has helped many thousands of people, including me and I am so grateful for it :salute:

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:45 am

FWLR wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:30 am Brilliant video Rik again. Have you a file on that chassis you made with the big motor and more details on it, or is there a separate thread. Lost touch has you know mate, but I am slowly getting back to normal now, still having to pace myself though.

1,000,000 Blog viewers Rik, that's awesome. I have noticed on Google that you come up on the first page of some searches that I put in for various things. Thats another achievement that's worthy of praise for someone who has helped many thousands of people, including me and I am so grateful for it :salute:
Thanks Rod
No, I've not uploaded the files for the two motor blocks. I'll tidy them up and post them sometime soon.
They were ( and still are) experimental. I'm hoping to produce a compromise block which I hope will combine the best from both designs.

Rik
------------------------

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:10 am

Another super video Rik. There are so many different ways of enjoying and sharing our hobby, you inspire us all.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by drewzero1 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:40 pm

Rod, there was a discussion about the motor block here: https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 54&t=14285

I think that might have been the video and discussion that finally got me to join the forum!

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:46 pm

FWLR wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:30 am Have you a file on that chassis you made with the big motor and more details on it, or is there a separate thread.
Hi Rod
I've uploaded the files for both motor blocks to the 3D files section. However, they are 45mm gauge. I can't reduce the gauge to 32mm as there isn't enough space for the wheels and bevel gears. I'll have to completely redesign the blocks to re-gauge them - I'm not sure if it's possible unless I change the gears and wheels.

If anyone else fancies a go, I am willing to send them links to the Tinkercad files.

Rik
------------------------

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:15 am

Thanks Rik. I will have a look at it, maybe I could utilise a different motor. No harm in printing it off with 32mm in mind. I just need to reduce the end buffers don't I.. :thumbright:

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:21 am

drewzero1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:40 pm Rod, there was a discussion about the motor block here: https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 54&t=14285

I think that might have been the video and discussion that finally got me to join the forum!
Yes I have seen that Drew before, thank you for reminding me. I will take a browse at it later. :thumbright: