TVT - Start of Steam Operation

A place for the discussion of garden railways & any garden style/scale portable layouts
Mitch stack
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: TVT - Start of Steam Operation

Post by Mitch stack » Sat May 18, 2019 2:42 am

Thanks for that graeme, that makes a lot of sense now, lovely photos of the Garratt too.
Mitch

GTB
Driver
Driver

Post by GTB » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:18 pm

It's now well into winter here and it's been raining on and off for the last couple of weeks. I was starting to consider building an ark, then on Friday the clouds blew away and we were treated to a cool sunny day with gentle winds.

The Warburton Steam Tramway Fowler has been taking up space in the workshop after some modifications and repairs after it's last run and the opportunity was taken late in the afternoon to give it a light engine test run. It passed the test, so is now cleared for traffic again.

The photo shows it trundling along cab first, travelling north on the long straight as the shadows lengthened.

Eleventh Steam Run 1.jpg

Saturday dawned nice and sunny, so I took a break from the workshop after lunch and ran another train as I sat in the sun watching it, just because I could.

The photos show the works motor and the weedex train orbiting the track in the sunshine. The wye junction part of the line is in permanent shadow this time of the year and that part of the track was still wet with dew mid-afternoon.

Seventh Run 1.jpg

Seventh Run 2.jpg

Regards,
Graeme

idlemarvel
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by idlemarvel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:51 am

Very nice collection Graeme and well photographed, and your commentaries are very informative. You obviously get a lot of pleasure from running your trains, which I suppose is the whole point, but it shows! :-)
Dave Miller
currently building the 5" gauge Circle Line