Page 1 of 1

Bargain!

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:23 pm
by mhlr
Hey, look what I just bought off Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26fvi%3D1

Because I needed to build up my 'bits n bob' box, here's what I got for £22. I expect it would cost more new all of that! :lol:

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:32 pm
by ACLR
looks good mate well done :D

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:34 pm
by mhlr
Thanks Graham! You can always get a good bargain on the Bay of E! Unless your outbid (which I have been many a time!!!).

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:50 pm
by SillyBilly
Great Stuff, if your interested in selling on some of the gears, I may be interested :) ;) !

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:12 pm
by mhlr
I would be, if I didn't need them. I'm always stripping the ones on my IP chassis!!! lol

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:26 pm
by SillyBilly
Darn! Are you putting enough Vaseline on the gears?

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:28 pm
by mhlr
You could buy some gears from IP? I may sell some. I'll have to see what I need.

I put oil on them? Do I need vaseline instead?!

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:12 am
by steamyjim
Well done! Good buy :D

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:16 am
by SillyBilly
mhlr wrote:You could buy some gears from IP? I may sell some. I'll have to see what I need.

I put oil on them? Do I need vaseline instead?!
The I.P ones, aren't the right size for what I want to do.

I think you best using Vaseline, because it's much thiker than oils like 3-in-1.

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:24 am
by mhlr
I'll try that next time I oil the gears up. Thanks.

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:47 pm
by SillyBilly
'tis what we're here for!

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:38 pm
by mhlr
well in that case, what do you do to stop IP nylon gears slipping on the steel axel? Should I drill a small hole and put a small pin or something through?

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:14 pm
by SillyBilly
I've areldited mine on the axle, you obviously have to be careful about not getting glue on the actual teeth (ooops!) but apart from that it's effective.