The CVLR gets it's new home (WIP railway & stock)
-
Pendo Pilot
Thanks Mr Meths, was a different way to ballast for me. But it suited the section idealy as there were lots of rough concrete from the old formation still on the foundation blocks. Would of taken a long time to chip it all off.METHSSNIFFER:65029 wrote:Perfect scale ballast nice work!
Not yet Mate, just working on the "Holiday" coach as we speak. Well couldnt call it a camping coach could I, Matt would get upset. :DNarrow Minded:65013 wrote:....... have you finished the "camping coach" too?????? ;)
Oh & Matt, the walls are out at Porthcadno, just placed to size things up at the moment. Need some thermalite houses & some concrete first though.
Wouldnt be much of a run yet Richard, only got 3 lengths down.hussra:65021 wrote:New track! Time for a Branch Line Society charter...
-
Pendo Pilot
Motive power updates...
The dogbox (Railcar) has been fitted with seats & other bits & is now in service in manual mode as I can't locate the Toy car RC I put somewhere safe a while back...
Already posted on 16mm FB but I like this pic..

& passing the 'new' holiday coach last week.

Today the S/H gas reg from Matt (Berry Hill) arrived for the Edrig. This was duly fitted & the loco steamed properly for the first time since early last year. Then some fettling was done to the loco including removing the last bits of RC (The RX was nicked for the Lady Anne a while back). Decided this will be my "chase round the garden" loco.. i.e. out of control Manual loco. A new regulator was fitted (old gas reg handle) & a general tidy up. Also have been trialling a collar for the burner. Not sure if it's worthwhile yet. Still I'm getting 20 min runs out of the thing which is the best it's ever done. (With & without collar).
Edrig No 7, back in steam for 2012..


The trial collar can be seen here... Pretty aint it!

The dogbox (Railcar) has been fitted with seats & other bits & is now in service in manual mode as I can't locate the Toy car RC I put somewhere safe a while back...
Already posted on 16mm FB but I like this pic..

& passing the 'new' holiday coach last week.

Today the S/H gas reg from Matt (Berry Hill) arrived for the Edrig. This was duly fitted & the loco steamed properly for the first time since early last year. Then some fettling was done to the loco including removing the last bits of RC (The RX was nicked for the Lady Anne a while back). Decided this will be my "chase round the garden" loco.. i.e. out of control Manual loco. A new regulator was fitted (old gas reg handle) & a general tidy up. Also have been trialling a collar for the burner. Not sure if it's worthwhile yet. Still I'm getting 20 min runs out of the thing which is the best it's ever done. (With & without collar).
Edrig No 7, back in steam for 2012..


The trial collar can be seen here... Pretty aint it!

-
Pendo Pilot
-
DolwyddelanLightRail
-
Pendo Pilot
To celebrate No 7 working again....
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTAyMvsMOlI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTAyMvsMOlI?ve ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTAyMvsMOlI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTAyMvsMOlI?ve ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
-
Narrow Minded
-
Pendo Pilot
-
Pendo Pilot
Updates..
Firstly the conservatory is coming on well, have tested the 2.4ghz RC & I can stand in the conservatory area & run trains. So thats the foul weather operations catered for!

Path out of it started..

No 7 working quite well with normal 20 minute runs per fill. Was only 9-12 minutes before..

In other news I've started a zero tolerance on cr*p stock policy.
No 1 has been chopped up!!


But before the mamod vultures start circling it is all part of a long term rebuild. Do things with more knowledge this time round, I was very new to the whole live steam last rebuild. However if after the next rebuild it still fails to meet expectations then I will be stripping out all the good bits & selling it off leaving the remains of No 1 as a plinthed loco carcass!!
So it's gone into store awaiting each bit being fettled.

Finally after talking to Lol & Trebbers (skidoo/binner) an idea was sprung into life. Need more scrap & demic stuff littering the yard. I have three excess to use mamod wagons that usually end up annoying me. So two have been semi scrapped & the other demoted to static store van..

The scrapped ones have been lightly torched with a gastorch just to encourage them to rust away faster!!


Just got to pull apart a bit more now & scatter the remains in my bone yard..

Firstly the conservatory is coming on well, have tested the 2.4ghz RC & I can stand in the conservatory area & run trains. So thats the foul weather operations catered for!

Path out of it started..

No 7 working quite well with normal 20 minute runs per fill. Was only 9-12 minutes before..

In other news I've started a zero tolerance on cr*p stock policy.
No 1 has been chopped up!!


But before the mamod vultures start circling it is all part of a long term rebuild. Do things with more knowledge this time round, I was very new to the whole live steam last rebuild. However if after the next rebuild it still fails to meet expectations then I will be stripping out all the good bits & selling it off leaving the remains of No 1 as a plinthed loco carcass!!
So it's gone into store awaiting each bit being fettled.

Finally after talking to Lol & Trebbers (skidoo/binner) an idea was sprung into life. Need more scrap & demic stuff littering the yard. I have three excess to use mamod wagons that usually end up annoying me. So two have been semi scrapped & the other demoted to static store van..

The scrapped ones have been lightly torched with a gastorch just to encourage them to rust away faster!!


Just got to pull apart a bit more now & scatter the remains in my bone yard..
-
Pendo Pilot
-
laurence703
-
Pendo Pilot
-
Narrow Minded
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests
