Page 4 of 8

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:10 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
T'was a good day weather wise and we also had a good crowd of people watching as it was Thomas weekend so there were quite a lot of people about! and you'll have to turn up sometime soon, people will start to wonder where you've got to!

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:42 pm
by maxnod
Narrow Minded:67898 wrote:Thanks for the pic's James - looks like it was a cracking day!  :D
(It's been so long since I've been down that I'd better have a "note" ready! ;) )
Signed by both pairs of grand-parents! :salute:



Oh and cracking pics, James.
I was down there early on Sunday (some one has to bring the milk for your tea!) and also on Saturday. It was busy then but I think most people had turned out to see the 'Duchess' making her first public appearance since her re-build and new coat of paint. She looks like my old Hornby-Dublo 'Duchess'


Don't forget, folks: Oscillator and Vintage weekend May 5th, 6th and 7th (it's a Bank Holiday weekend) featuring Furness Railway no.20 hauling the Vintage stock on the big railway.
It should be a splendid sight!
So let's see all those Mamods and old treasures!

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:20 pm
by dougrail
Chance for a meetup on the Vintage/Oscillators Weekend? ;)

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:33 pm
by laurence703
That sounds like a good excuse to me to come up for a play :)
Fantastic pictures as always :)

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:03 pm
by maxnod
Come on ,then, people!! :D

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:30 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
I'll deffo be there with Brit and my Golden Jubille mamod again! :D

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:06 pm
by SapperAnt
Sounds fun. WOuld be good to finally meet people, esp Dougie

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:28 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
It may not be Sunday evening, but better late than never! Here are a couple of pics from the day:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:20 pm
by Keith S
Hey those are nice pictures. I gather from some of the lineside flowers and shoots that it's springtime over there now?

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:00 am
by Narrow Minded
Keith S:68161 wrote:Hey those are nice pictures. I gather from some of the lineside flowers and shoots that it's springtime over there now?
Oh yes! "The Spring Has Sprung" etc, etc in fact we switch over to British Summer Time in less than a fortnight ;)

Nice shots James, I didn't take too many because of the low batteries - should've really instead of bothering with the video :roll:

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:26 am
by Pretoria
:hello2:
Narrow Minded:68174 wrote:in fact we switch over to British Summer Time in less than a fortnight ;)
THIS weekend ! :hello1:

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:08 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Pretoria:68177 wrote::hello2:
Narrow Minded:68174 wrote:in fact we switch over to British Summer Time in less than a fortnight ;)
THIS weekend !   :hello1:

Does this mean we get an hour extra or an hour less in bed? I can never remember :lol:

Photographs

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:11 am
by Catweasel
Easy way to remember is spring forward,fall back. So yes,you get an hour!

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:00 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Brilliant! :D

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:09 am
by Sir haydn
No, you loose an hour, as the clocks go forward an hour

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:38 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Sir haydn:68186 wrote:No, you loose an hour, as the clocks go forward an hour
:cry:

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:29 pm
by PeachBottom
I think this one is my favourite out of all that I took...


Image

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:12 pm
by Narrow Minded
It's the day after the show at Peterborough, a change in the weather has been forecast for later in the week, so the only sensible thing to do is GET OUT AND RUN SOMETHING! :D

Pendo Pilot and Capt Sparrow made the trip up to visit....

Image

Sorry Doug - but it was there so I took a photo.....

Image

And Ogwen was on trials with a replacement meths burner (thanks Jack!)

Image

Video to follow ;)

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:20 pm
by METHSSNIFFER
Nice pics snows forecast Wednesday so get the ploughs ready. Nice 2 cu yesterday! :lol:

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:25 pm
by Sir Clothem Cap
No photos I'm afraid vut I have run 4 different locos on my railway.