Page 26 of 61
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:49 pm
by Narrow Minded
Looking great Shane, nice walling
Don't know about anyone else, but I've had about enough of these grey days, bring on spring!
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:19 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Excellent walling, shame I can't use slate walling really... Will have to make some rough block walling for the lineside to keep the soil flicked up by the cats out. Looks excellent!
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:37 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Been trialing a new power supply for my IP Jack today. I found that with the standard 7.2v (6 AA cell pack) with the draw off from the RC unit it was seriously lacking in power. The manual conrol Jessie with the same power pack trounced it (8 wagons up gradients for Jessie, 4 for Jack). I mean I know in theroy the Jessie should be better as it has less drag from only 2 coupled axles Vs 3 on the jack but still found it lame. With a bit of tweaking after reading up on the RC system I installed an 11.1v Li-Po cell out of one of my RC helicopters. Wow!! Finally the Jack was powerful. Trialled it light engine & check temps on RC unit & motor..All well. It just did 6 loaded wagons up the bank no worries....well until it decided to lose it's worm gear on the motor shaft!

Ok so I ave found the weak link...Will adjust that as required.
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:48 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:12 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Wow! excellent. I do like the black and white pics.
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:17 pm
by 90733

Looks good

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 pm
by Sir Clothem Cap
90733:48821 wrote:
Looks good

I agree
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 pm
by Tom
Very nice Shane, everythings looking great as usual

that tunnel looks awfully dark!

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:21 am
by Narrow Minded
Sir Clothem Cap:48845 wrote:90733:48821 wrote:
Looks good

I agree
Me too - very atmospheric!
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:08 pm
by Pendo Pilot
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="
http://www.youtube.com/v/H-vlcD7ooBc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
http://www.youtube.com/v/H-vlcD7ooBc?fs ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>
Clips from the start of febuary (Carrie Passenger) & today (the rest).
Hope you enjoy..

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:14 pm
by Sir Clothem Cap
Excelllent Greg I love the atmosphere your railway creates.
Is checknell station based on the RH&DR?
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 am
by Tom
Nice one Shane!
The bogie coaches at the start were wobbling a little bit

i'm glad I wasnt aboard that service

and I like how you've added some truss rods (think thats the right word?) underneath the two NWNGR coaches
Looks as if you've got yourself a new director and sound assistant!!

and your daughters grown loads since the last photo or video she starred in
And the railways looking great as ever

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:05 am
by Narrow Minded
Excellent stuff! - spring is definitely in the air, I can feel the 2011 season coming on now!

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:05 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Tom:48930 wrote:The bogie coaches at the start were wobbling a little bit :D i'm glad I wasnt aboard that service :lol:
I know, I had tried to improve the ride quality but they are worse than ever now on side to side wobble.. Need new bogies as the plastic ones underneath them are pants!

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:06 pm
by Narrow Minded
Nice broad washers (one glued to the coach and one to the top of the bogie) could sort you out

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:31 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Narrow Minded:48941 wrote:Nice broad washers (one glued to the coach and one to the top of the bogie) could sort you out

They already have that Greg, trouble I seem to have is to much flex in the bogies themselves. They keep flexing & dropping the wheelsets as well. Looking at some nice metal bogies to go under them & proper steel wheelsets not the crap plastic axle/wheel with metal tyres things that are on them.
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:37 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Decided to build a bridge like structure on one of my lift out sections just to make it blend in nicer...
...Was aiming for a simple bridge type affair but got carried away a bit...

Still need to finish off but ran out of wood. Needs tidying up & painting I think.
Still it has given me ideas for a few of the other bridges needed on the line..
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:00 pm
by 90733
Cool, thats a awesome bridge

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:47 pm
by LMS-Jools
Yup that looks very good to me.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:14 pm
by Keith S
I don't even think it needs painting, I like the red wood. It just wants a little tidying at the ends and maybe some oil. Your pictures make me wish I had a railway, or better yet, a friendly neighbour with one!