Don't know about anyone else, but I've had about enough of these grey days, bring on spring!
The CVLR gets it's new home (WIP railway & stock)
-
Narrow Minded
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
-
Pendo Pilot
Been trialing a new power supply for my IP Jack today. I found that with the standard 7.2v (6 AA cell pack) with the draw off from the RC unit it was seriously lacking in power. The manual conrol Jessie with the same power pack trounced it (8 wagons up gradients for Jessie, 4 for Jack). I mean I know in theroy the Jessie should be better as it has less drag from only 2 coupled axles Vs 3 on the jack but still found it lame. With a bit of tweaking after reading up on the RC system I installed an 11.1v Li-Po cell out of one of my RC helicopters. Wow!! Finally the Jack was powerful. Trialled it light engine & check temps on RC unit & motor..All well. It just did 6 loaded wagons up the bank no worries....well until it decided to lose it's worm gear on the motor shaft!
Ok so I ave found the weak link...Will adjust that as required.
-
Pendo Pilot
Today I decided to do something about the CVLR's wall of death. This is a temp return loop at the top of the line. Only lightly laid it has suffered over winter from a bit of droop & unalignment. As my Countess came off it the other day I thought as a few visiting locos maybe due soon I better sort it out until I can abandon it when the final side of the circuit goes in.
As was when new...

After building up the embankments (just incase) & packing the trackbed then rowlands mix to hold it down better...


Will trial run over it tomorrow & adjust as required.
Also rowlands mixed the other bits that had been tweaked..

& while the camera was out....






As was when new...

After building up the embankments (just incase) & packing the trackbed then rowlands mix to hold it down better...


Will trial run over it tomorrow & adjust as required.
Also rowlands mixed the other bits that had been tweaked..

& while the camera was out....





- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
- 90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Contact:
- Sir Clothem Cap
- Driver

- Posts: 1708
- Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 pm
- Location: Hampshire
- Contact:
-
Narrow Minded
-
Pendo Pilot
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-vlcD7ooBc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-vlcD7ooBc?fs ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>
Clips from the start of febuary (Carrie Passenger) & today (the rest).
Hope you enjoy..
Clips from the start of febuary (Carrie Passenger) & today (the rest).
Hope you enjoy..
- Sir Clothem Cap
- Driver

- Posts: 1708
- Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 pm
- Location: Hampshire
- Contact:
-
Tom
Nice one Shane!
The bogie coaches at the start were wobbling a little bit
i'm glad I wasnt aboard that service
and I like how you've added some truss rods (think thats the right word?) underneath the two NWNGR coaches
Looks as if you've got yourself a new director and sound assistant!!
and your daughters grown loads since the last photo or video she starred in
And the railways looking great as ever
The bogie coaches at the start were wobbling a little bit
Looks as if you've got yourself a new director and sound assistant!!
And the railways looking great as ever
-
Narrow Minded
-
Pendo Pilot
-
Narrow Minded
-
Pendo Pilot
They already have that Greg, trouble I seem to have is to much flex in the bogies themselves. They keep flexing & dropping the wheelsets as well. Looking at some nice metal bogies to go under them & proper steel wheelsets not the crap plastic axle/wheel with metal tyres things that are on them.Narrow Minded:48941 wrote:Nice broad washers (one glued to the coach and one to the top of the bogie) could sort you out
-
Pendo Pilot
Decided to build a bridge like structure on one of my lift out sections just to make it blend in nicer...
...Was aiming for a simple bridge type affair but got carried away a bit...
Still need to finish off but ran out of wood. Needs tidying up & painting I think.



Still it has given me ideas for a few of the other bridges needed on the line..
...Was aiming for a simple bridge type affair but got carried away a bit...



Still it has given me ideas for a few of the other bridges needed on the line..
- 90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests
