Page 22 of 61

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:31 am
by Narrow Minded
Who cares about "Global Warming / Climate Change" when you can have steam effects like that!? :D
Great stuff.

Really hope they get your little 'un sorted mate, must be a tough time for you at the moment :|

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:53 am
by Pendo Pilot
Narrow Minded:44521 wrote:Really hope they get your little 'un sorted mate, must be a tough time for you at the moment :|
Words can not describe it mate. If I post more random Cr*p than usual on here then put it down to stress! :roll:
I need my little helper back on form but shes far from that at the moment, it's really getting us all down at the minute. She will pull through, I know she will in my heart but its painful seeing her like this.

But yes, steam effects are great with these temps. I clagged the whole garden out with the Countess! ;)

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:31 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Narrow Minded:44521 wrote:Who cares about "Global Warming / Climate Change" when you can have steam effects like that!? :D
Great stuff.
Well eventually with "climate change" maybe by the end of the teenage generation will actually see us go into a mini ice age anyway! So there's plenty more to come! :roll: But also by that time gas and oil will have probably run out! :roll:

And same as NM, hope your little one gets better soon! :|

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:54 am
by Sir haydn
Nice videos mate.

Hope your daughter is ok. hope she recovers quickly.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:38 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Lovely videos. Get well soon mini pilot...

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:07 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Daughter (Scarlett) was discharged from hospital care this evening after I spent most of the day in hospital with her again. She has some really nasty Viral infection that attacks the eyelids & has had one eye closed with gunk since wednesday. Thankfully although it's not gone yet it is at least reacting to the antibiotics now & she seems to be getting better & acting like herself again. Although having one eye shut has meant she could only crawl diagonally. It' hopefully on the mend now though... :|
Thanks for the best wishes guys, mini pilot indeed! :D Soon be back on form I'm sure, good job it wasnt a couple of weeks ago as that was her christening & 1st bday. :?:

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:02 am
by LMS-Jools
Lovely Vids.

Glad to hear your daughter is on the mend.

8)

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:49 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Got some days holiday at the moment due to poorly daughter, when she went for morning sleep it was time for a quick play in what snow we have. After already ploughing the line at 2am with the Jessie (Yes I know, @ 38 & you would think I would be too old to get all excited about snow). A bit more had settled although we have not had as much as the northeners (Pauly & Sir Haydn for example). Anyway it was time to test the plough out with steam on it's first proper go at snow..

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Evidence of the 2am plough still showing as the shed branch & platform & siding roads at Chyknell have not been ploughed at all yet.

Image
No 10 chosen as prefered plough loco due to it's good tractive effort & the RC thats fitted. Countess would be my second choice or equal if it was RC fitted as it has even more tractive effort than the Carrie.

Image
Image
Image
Image

All those pics are on the consists return trip or second go around as I was busy filming the first actual trip.
Video later of course.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:01 pm
by Narrow Minded
Excellent set of pic's - the plough really does look the biz! (My P.Way gang were told to report with shovels and the buggers have all rung in sick! :lol: )
Looking forward to the vid :D

Very pleased to hear that Scarlett is doing better and hope the trend continous.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:51 pm
by Sir haydn
Brilliant Shane. Looks very christmasy! Glad to here the little one is on the mend. Look forward to the video

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:26 pm
by taliesin001
Good to hear that your daughter is getting better.
Some very atmospheric videos, especially loved the shots of the countess. I can't wait to get mine going again after getting it back from my grandad, hopefully it will work this time. Looking forward to the next vid of course :D

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:24 pm
by Narrow Minded
Image

Where's the vid :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:38 pm
by Pendo Pilot
LOL Greg,
Daddy duties came first then get the place in order. It's amazing how much devastation a 1 yr old girl can make ill or not!

I'm working on it, however I don't think it has come out too good... Bad light & all that, we will see.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 pm
by DLRdan
I bet you get some funny looks when you attend meetings with all those feathers Greg.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:07 pm
by Narrow Minded
The photo was to try and cheer Shane up a bit, but I got it wrong (again :roll: ).

He said he liked vintage DEMU's not EMU's :lol:

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:22 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Actually DMMU Greg! The Electrical ones were just wierd! :D

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:28 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Looks great fun, I've got a snow plough and snow,
just need to get some time to put the two togethor! Our school is usually first to close! I get home and its too dark. I have two railways to keep running, why can't they under stand this!

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:43 pm
by hussra
Pendo Pilot:44597 wrote:The Electrical ones were just wierd!  :D
Take that back! I grew up on a diet of NIR's 80 and 450 class units - wonderful stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn8La-WjjQg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATNOhkww--Q

plus some hazy memories from early childhood that must, on reflection, have been either MPDs or the 70 class.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:53 pm
by Pendo Pilot
LOL,
I was onl using BR ones as an example..Those NI ones did sound quite nice, sound that is. ;)

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:53 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Finished it, didnt come out the best & have used the film editor to brighten it up as it was very dark to start with. Normally I would stable the plough at the top of the line so it only ever had to work down the banks. However this being it's first test I thought it would be testing it & the loco more to propel up the lines quite steep grades.
Think the plough needs more dividers low down to disperse the snow quicker, ended up pushing about a foot of snow infront quite a bit of the time. Also going to modify the coupler with a "Shelf" that will sit under the loco's front buffer to stop the back of the plough riding up in deeper snow.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLoyy5fdsjk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLoyy5fdsjk?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>