Bluebottle - The Enemy Railcar

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
laalratty

Post by laalratty » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:38 pm

I don't think Cecil was refering to the SLR there Ian, although that has given me a new idea for railcar destruction! I have a radio controlled plane, why don't I try bombing Bluebottle!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

ptlrcecil

Post by ptlrcecil » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:53 pm

Yes we shall bomb it laalgoering.
With what?

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:53 pm

You could fly in on it like they do with the boats at Scarborough!

Or Bonfire night is coming up :twisted: .

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:56 pm

The plane is fairly indestructable (don't ask me how I know :lol: ) and as im rubbish at flying it perhapes I should just aim it at the railcar when it decides to crash (which it does often) on the basis the railcar will come off worse
laalgoering lol :lol:

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:00 pm

My dad flew mine over the railway up Rhiw Goch when it landed :lol: .

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:09 pm

I have a £20 radio control plane. Tail fin broke off, stuck back on with tape, still flies :lol: ...
Image

SLRmidge

Post by SLRmidge » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:57 am

Please note....Bluebottle wil NOT be coming out to play for the forseeable future, especially with low flying aircraft, halloween & bonfire night fast approaching........   :pale:   :help:    :bom:    :?    :hmph:    :wave:

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:36 pm

I've got an idea.  You know how SLRmidge's line has got lots of ponds with rail bridges over them.  Well, why don't we build a model Avro Lancaster, make a bouncing bomb, and carry out a repeat of the dambusters raid in 1/19th scale.  

Talking about the dambusters, peter jackson's making a remake of the 1950's film, and is making it as historically accurate as possible, apart from the dog with the racist name.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:53 pm

I can't remember who, but someone told me about that, they sold a RAF Ferguson TEA20 tractor to the film people for use in the film. Im looking forward to seeing the new version, the old one was a little naff with the rolling backgrounds behind the mock up Lanky, so with new technology, they should be able to make it fantastic.

Anyway, if they want to have it historically correct, they should keep the "racist" name for the dog, in WW2, people weren't bothered about that sort of c**p then. But hey, I suppose it would be allowed to be shown if there was a dog with a racist name in it...
Image

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:19 pm

The old dambusters film is one of my favorate war films, even with the rubbist special effects, so the new film should be great.

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:12 pm

SLRmidge wrote:Please note....Bluebottle wil NOT be coming out to play for the forseeable future, especially with  low flying aircraft, halloween & bonfire night fast approaching........   :pale:   :help:    :bom:    :?    :hmph:    :wave:
Ahhhh, the possibilities with fireworks would be endless :laughing3: :bom: Bluebottle ka-put :lol:

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:12 pm

:roll: That must be the worlds most hated diesel. I watched the PTLR diesel gala trailer on youtube and watched it with the seniors in my school (who understand me) and I said "Aaaaarrrgggghhh! it's the evil railcar!".

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Matt wrote:I've got an idea.  You know how SLRmidge's line has got lots of ponds with rail bridges over them.  Well, why don't we build a model Avro Lancaster, make a bouncing bomb, and carry out a repeat of the dambusters raid in 1/19th scale.
:twisted: Cool, that sounds awesome!!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests