Budget sm32 track

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
LnBmad

Post by LnBmad » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:02 pm

http://www.track-shack.com/acatalog/SL- ... 600x4.html

4 yards of the track you really want for £38.00. You need to get rail joiners as well but you can then add as much as you want.

HereticUK

Post by HereticUK » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 pm

What about if I were to build a larger layout, what sort of track does everyone recommend for that? I know the Peco track is good value for such a thing, but looking at Tenmille track it seems like a good bet too. Does anyone have any experience with either?

LnBmad

Post by LnBmad » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:44 pm

I run a mix of peco mamod tenmille and brandbright. All very good. Tenmille is slightly higher quality over peco IMO. Brandbright is ok but is the hardest to mix with anything else.

HereticUK

Post by HereticUK » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Looking at it, Peco SL-600 code 200 track is available for £87 for 12 yards, whereas Tenmille code 200 NS track is £141.80 for 15 yards. If the quality margin is slight then is it worth paying that much extra for it?

What I do like the idea of, however, is the track with real wooden sleepers.

LnBmad

Post by LnBmad » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:52 pm

Why not make your own track using peco rail and chairs and wooden sleepers?

HereticUK

Post by HereticUK » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:54 pm

The thought had occurred to me but I am incredibly impatient sometimes and the danger is that I would get halfway through, drop it all and say "Sod it!" And go out and buy some pre-built rail :P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests