Page 2 of 61
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:00 pm
by Pendo Pilot
ianfolland wrote:Re the L and B van, I took the bogies off mine, removed the spacers, refitted the bogies
Thanks for that tip, just removed the spacers on mine & managed to bend the original coupler bar (as I don't know yet how severe my curves will be) & it all works out good. Van is just that little lower & as said does look better that bit lower.

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:03 pm
by Pendo Pilot
taliesin001 wrote:NWNGR coaches had ends the same colour as the main body
Thanks for that, it was just the fact I was looking at the IP eng ones & they have black ends which I will probably end up doing as I can't find any matching paint after doing the end repair. Plus I quite like the look of them with different colour ends. Also probably going for the later grey roofs.
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:02 am
by Pendo Pilot
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:40 am
by taliesin001
Very nice, looks alot better than before.

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:33 am
by Palmerston
Indeed the loco looks a lot better. The adding of running bords does it all (allmost)
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:37 am
by 90733
VERY NICE
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:42 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Is anything going to go on the cab backsheet? as it looks slightly plain compared to the rest of the loco
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:48 pm
by SillyBilly
Great size garden, look forward to progress on the railway.
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:47 pm
by Pendo Pilot
DolwyddelanLightRail wrote:Is anything going to go on the cab backsheet? as it looks slightly plain compared to the rest of the loco
Indeed there is something going on the cab back, well hopefully if my plan works out anyway..

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:08 pm
by Narrow Minded
Very nice work on the Jessie
There was always
something not quite "right" about the loco and you've hit the nail squarely on the head with those running boards - proper job!

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:38 am
by Pendo Pilot
The line had a new arrival this morning, part delivered by sheeplugger & then Royal mail (it's been a long hard journey

).

Ex MHLR IP Jack arrives on CVLR metals.

Posed along with sister loco, the lines IP Jessie.

The staff at the works soon have it in bits! (Actually took quite a while as I was driving it back & forth on the small test line to get used to the RC..

)

They seem quite happy with there work.

Stripped ready for painting in the corporate livery of proper loco green (GWR Brunswick). Well I couldnt leave it in sheeplugger/lawnmower green!!
Ta Pete, have already started adding bits to it...
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:17 am
by mhlr
Didn't know the handrail was broken when it got there? That's not good, perhaps I should of added more bubble wrap :lol: The Trimline looks as if it adjusted itself too, as it was never that wonky before

Anyway, it'll look nice when you've done with it.
They're both Number 8 too hahahaha!!
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:49 am
by Pendo Pilot
Those IP handrails break if you look at them too hard, the loco was wrapped up good enough mate. Did you change the LED on the headlight btw? Only ask as the nice yellow glow looks better than the HID looking one that came with my Jessie. That Jack certainly looks massive compared to the Jessie. As for them being both #8! Whats the chance of that. I'm tempted to add flanged middle drivers though, will see what radius curves the CVLR ends up with first. As for the trimline, nah mate you just thought it was straighter! Cab & buffer beams all painted now anyway, mahossive bonnet still being worked on.
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:01 am
by mhlr
No, the LED was standard. I wired it up like that too so I didn't leave it switched on by accident.
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 am
by Pendo Pilot
mhlr wrote:No, the LED was standard. I wired it up like that too so I didn't leave it switched on by accident.
Same as my Jessie fella.
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:16 pm
by MDLR
On most of my battery locos, I've got them wired so if a headlight is on, the loco is "live" - means you remember to switch it off!
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:47 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:53 pm
by taliesin001
Looking great so far, I can see your going for some kind of corporate livery, this being the same as the other diesel.

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:58 pm
by Pendo Pilot
taliesin001 wrote:Looking great so far, I can see your going for some kind of corporate livery, this being the same as the other diesel.

It's my old BR days catching up on me, any colour as long as it's rail blue.....or in this case GWR green.
Actually I want to paint my edrig into GWR green as well, but the boiler I want black. Does the usual VHT paint work ok on a boiler like that?
The Carrie will remain maroon (unless I can ever afford to have it properly painted).
btw both my working mamods are GWR green too!!

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:58 pm
by mhlr
Corrr looking fantastic! Loving the 00 scale postbox, very clever!!!
