Page 2 of 2
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:51 pm
by Pendo Pilot
90733 wrote:
Oooooooo any ide on price?

Will PM you when I get a chance..
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:27 pm
by 90733
Pendo Pilot wrote:90733 wrote:
Oooooooo any ide on price?

Will PM you when I get a chance..
OK, cheers
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:47 am
by SLRmidge
The locomotive department of the SLR(N) at present consists of:
No. 1 Accucraft Edrig 'Curlew'
(Bought new)
No. 2 I.P. Punch 'Ethel'
(The first loco I bought/built)
No. 3 I.P. Lister 'Ella'
(Second hand off ebay & rebuilt)
No. 4 FriogEssel P51 'Whitbarrow'
(Second hand from the Winster Valley Rly)
No. 5 Accucraft Wrekin 'Kittiwake'
(Bought new/ rear bunker off a Lady Anne added)
No. 6 Roundhouse Lady Anne 'Guillemot'
(Second hand & rebuilt)
No. 7 Accucraft Baguley 'Blackbird'
(Added engine/horn sound)
No. 8 Mike Chaney Kitten 'Tibby'
(Bought off a website & rebuilt)
No. 9 Outline Model Orenstein & Koppel
(Off ebay)
No.10 Scratchbuilt Inspection Railcar 'Bluebottle'
(I.P. chassis)
No.11 Outline Model Simplex Rail Motor
(Off ebay)
No.12 JD Turner 'Robin'
(Secondhand from mag advert)
No.13 Ex Compton Down 'Compton Steel'
(Scratchbuilt by Peter Jones?)
No.14 I.P. Koppel P/Way Dept
(Off ebay & rebuilt)
Loco's sold on:
Two LC Danny's
Regner Willi
Brownwell prototype diesel Daisy
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:59 pm
by 90733
You know your Compton Down Loco you've got SLRmidge, isn't it a IP punch or Lucy. The bonnet reminds me of one.
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:41 pm
by SLRmidge
90733 wrote:You know your Compton Down Loco you've got SLRmidge, isn't it a IP punch or Lucy. The bonnet reminds me of one.
I now what you mean. It was advertised as a possible IP Jessie on the website, but my local 16 millers all think thats its been scratchbuilt. And in Peters book Practical Garden Railways (page 90 ) he states that its 'mostly home made in brass'. On the bonnet it says the word 'haus' which I think was an American Diesel builder, but not sure ?
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:58 pm
by 90733
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................a mystery!
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:53 pm
by kes
SLRmidge wrote:90733 wrote:You know your Compton Down Loco you've got SLRmidge, isn't it a IP punch or Lucy. The bonnet reminds me of one.
I now what you mean. It was advertised as a possible IP Jessie on the website, but my local 16 millers all think thats its been scratchbuilt. And in Peters book Practical Garden Railways (page 90 ) he states that its 'mostly home made in brass'. On the bonnet it says the word 'haus' which I think was an American Diesel builder, but not sure ?
Wasn't scratchbuilt by Dad - appeared in 2007 loco stock book (53 engines in there that weren't there in 2009!) Can't remember what notes said in there from memory but hope to get book back from Dads' friend that did valuations soon so will read up again.
IP was a very rough guess on my part, had that sort of feel to it to my very novice (am ashamed to say) eye.
Will be interested to see if any more info comes to light myself, happy hunting
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:39 pm
by bessytractor
Jane, Ruby, coal fired vertical thing whats not finished, and a Stainz.....but I pretend I don't have that!
*edit*
a tram with a Mamod Meccano engine driving it :lol:
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:54 pm
by SLRmidge
A line up of my battery powered diesels........
Arthur Winkle warily eyeing up the track condition whilst waiting for the signal....
(IP Punch 'Ethel' was my first loco.)

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:24 pm
by ptlrcecil
There be one of those very rare PTLRcraft baguleys in that lot. Works No 2 of a total of 7 in existence. Is that also an Andel O&K I spy.
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:55 pm
by taliesin001
The second pic is excellent

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:04 pm
by 90733
ptlrcecil wrote:. Is that also an Andel O&K I spy.
It's Fendyke (or how u spell it?) isn't it?
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:13 pm
by ptlrcecil
Just been reading other posts and I think Midge says its an IP.
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:33 pm
by SLRmidge
The blue & green ones are by a firm called Outline & are made of thick plasticard, the pale green & yellow locos are by IP. Yes PTLRcecil that is one of your baguleys with engine sound & has now also a magnet activated horn sound :D
Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:36 am
by Hancockshire
I only used to have Meldrew which is now de-commissioned. He was just too slow & too powerless so I got the battery box, the DPST switch & a gear & began to work on a much better loco BUT you will have to wait until I've finished painting it & finished wiring it up. All I can reveal is this, it has been built out of bits(much like pauly's loco & Morbious from doctor who)& it's very rewarding
Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:49 am
by 90733
oooo,show us

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:27 am
by Hancockshire
It's a surprise. It will be shown undergoing trials at the local garden railway on Youtube
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:00 pm
by DVT Dweller
SLRmidge wrote:The locomotive department of the SLR(N) at present consists of:
No. 4 FriogEssel P51 'Whitbarrow'
(Second hand from the Winster Valley Rly)
Loco's sold on:
Two LC Danny's
Regner Willi
Brownwell prototype diesel Daisy
Now that brings back memory's. Fantastic line and always brings a smile to my face but a slight tinge of sadness when I think of it. Infact I know where two of the coach sets are living :D