Page 55 of 61

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:17 pm
by laurence703
Narrow Minded:67954 wrote:
Pendo Pilot:67952 wrote:
Narrow Minded:67950 wrote:All this "Mamod Challenge" is making me smile too! ;)
Ta,  ;)  .

Thats why I would like to have the mamod challenge as part of the open day for added fun. Should be good stuff. Most powerful mamod on the CVLR, longest duration of mamod etc etc..  :shock:  :D
It doesn't take "Mystic Meg" to tell you that the out-takes alone will make a complete movie ;)
With much cursing that its on fire again! or something's uncoupled or a mamod's run off at light speed...

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:32 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Pendo Pilot:67952 wrote: longest duration of mamod

I hope that doesn't mean how long the loco lasts before needed more fuel, cause Britomart will be at the bottom for that :lol:

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 am
by Narrow Minded
DolwyddelanLightRail:67957 wrote:
Pendo Pilot:67952 wrote: longest duration of mamod

I hope that doesn't mean how long the loco lasts before needed more fuel, cause Britomart will be at the bottom for that :lol:
It means exactly what it says James ;)
The CVLR is HUGE and the gradients challenging, add to that a rake of weighty stock and some Mamods will suffer, oh yes, they will suffer! 8)

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:14 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Narrow Minded:67958 wrote: It means exactly what it says James ;)
The CVLR is HUGE and the gradients challenging, add to that a rake of weighty stock and some Mamods will suffer, oh yes, they will suffer! 8)
I spy another popped cylinder cap on the way :lol:

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 am
by hussra
Pendo Pilot:67949 wrote:Havent set a date yet Loz, need to find out when DVT dweller, Narrow minded, Sir Haydn & Hussra are all available for a recreation of last years. Plus more with a bit of luck for total railway carnage!
Would love to return. Wilberforce says he enjoyed going clockwise last year (especially Box bank - not that he had an especially heavy train), and would like to do so again.

May is looking quite quiet so far. Given a bit of notice, things can generally be rejigged, except that Mondays and Tuesdays are never possible.

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:54 pm
by dougrail
May sounds good. Would need say 3 weeks or so in advance - gives me time to juggle my TR calendar and get Swordbreaker ready for anything.

Somewhere there's gonna be a lotta eggs...

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:19 pm
by Narrow Minded
dougrail:67975 wrote:Somewhere there's gonna be a lotta eggs...
I've bookmarked this comment to come back to later. ;)

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:30 pm
by DLRdan
Narrow Minded:67958 wrote: Mamods will suffer, oh yes, they will suffer! 8)
I'm really not sure I like the sound of this :|

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:38 pm
by dougrail
Narrow Minded:67977 wrote:
dougrail:67975 wrote:Somewhere there's gonna be a lotta eggs...
I've bookmarked this comment to come back to later. ;)
Could go either way mate, hence why I'm not getting cocky - and left my comment openended ;D

Who knows! Maybe Britomart will just lay waste to everything in its 'HeatMan' mode - or Swordbreaker and its famously high BP finally leaves a crater :lol:

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
DLRdan:67981 wrote:
Narrow Minded:67958 wrote: Mamods will suffer, oh yes, they will suffer! 8)
I'm really not sure I like the sound of this :|

:lol:


Who knows! Maybe Britomart will just lay waste to everything in its 'HeatMan' mode
Eh? :?

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:03 pm
by Narrow Minded
DLRdan:67981 wrote:
Narrow Minded:67958 wrote: Mamods will suffer, oh yes, they will suffer! 8)
I'm really not sure I like the sound of this :|
Don't worry Dan, Ogwen is already rostered to stay at home. :D

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:07 pm
by SapperAnt
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm suffering Mamods. :twisted: :twisted:

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:26 pm
by laurence703
Seeing as Ofario is the only operational loco I have, I don't want to take it home in bits... I think a steady run round and probably getting in everyone's way is the best way forward for me... although it can do a good few laps of my mamod track without any problems so I think it'll be a half way and stop for a bit jobby :)

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:49 pm
by dougrail
DolwyddelanLightRail:67987 wrote:
DLRdan:67981 wrote:
Narrow Minded:67958 wrote: Mamods will suffer, oh yes, they will suffer! 8)
I'm really not sure I like the sound of this :|

:lol:


Who knows! Maybe Britomart will just lay waste to everything in its 'HeatMan' mode
Eh? :?
'Brit' sets fire to everything with that massive fire raising ability it has ;)

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:38 pm
by laalratty
All this talk is making me think I would like to join in the fun :D Would love to see how ANLR locos could get on with the grades

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:26 pm
by Pendo Pilot
laalratty:68003 wrote:All this talk is making me think I would like to join in the fun :D Would love to see how ANLR locos could get on with the grades
You would of course be welcome, I will find out some suitable dates for May time in my roster that matches with Steve(DVT Dweller) to start off with as that will probably be the hardest bit to arrange.
May have to make it a two dayer so people can recover bits of exploded mamod! :twisted:

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:23 pm
by dougrail
Have two Mamod bits....one just a 'classics' line up, equivalent to the 'antique galas' or the kid's duckpond where people can being their Mamods, in any shape or form for a little outing...

...and then have the 'Iron Hills' tourney where people, in solo or teams accept the Challenge. :D

Twould be good fun.

Could bring beer?

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:10 am
by Sir haydn
Shanes was one of the best opendays i have been to for operational fun. It is great that you can run trains in both directions passing in station loops. Really looking forward to the next one. Will bring the Manifold :D

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:45 pm
by hussra
Sir haydn:68011 wrote:Shanes was one of the best opendays i have been to for operational fun. It is great that you can run trains in both directions passing in station loops. Really looking forward to the next one. Will bring the Manifold  :D
Yes, that was a great feature - at first I was a bit concerned that I might cause annoyance by running clockwise when there rest were going anticlockwise, but it turned out to be great fun.

I think it also helped that there was a reasonably sensible number of trains running at any one time. Will be interested to see how the extra loop helps things. We must remind Steve to keep the main line at Porthcadno clear of parked stock next time. :D

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:42 pm
by DVT Dweller
hussra:68020 wrote:
Sir haydn:68011 wrote:Shanes was one of the best opendays i have been to for operational fun. It is great that you can run trains in both directions passing in station loops. Really looking forward to the next one. Will bring the Manifold  :D
Yes, that was a great feature - at first I was a bit concerned that I might cause annoyance by running clockwise when there rest were going anticlockwise, but it turned out to be great fun.

I think it also helped that there was a reasonably sensible number of trains running at any one time. Will be interested to see how the extra loop helps things. We must remind Steve to keep the main line at Porthcadno clear of parked stock next time.  :D
Not guilty your honour.

Mamod challenge? I will bring Miffy along then, it might make it along one side (of a loop).

Dates in May 1-3,11,18,20,25-30th all subject to timetable change in May (oh and the 20th is the wifes birthday so maybe not).