Bonfire Steaming at York MES

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Bonfire Steaming at York MES

Post by williamfj » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:10 pm

The York MES steamup seems to have been rather similar to the PTLR's, starting relatively dry before everything got a good soaking. I packed up in frustration only to stay for a couple of hours before taking some of my stuff back out for a quick blast in the dark!

Do you have trouble keeping your line free of leaves and snow? You need one of these!

This was often scuttling about ready to provide banking assistance if anyone wasn't paying attention!

A nicely turned out Silver Lady with some open top Brandbright coaches, there were no passengers in any of them oddly, they must have seen the weather forecast!

This started out life as a standard Millie, only to have the back of it's frames cut off to fit a meths tank.

And this is what that Millie looks like with it's clothes on, there is another tram body giving her owner 2 locos for the price of one, just don't try to double head them!

The Millie tram is seen in the company of a model of Sir Theodore powered by a single oscillating cylinder supplied by a meths fired pot boiler.

While I sulked with my stock packed up after a good soaking I was put in control of this beast of a Garratt, I sincerely doubt a NGG16 will beat this for sheer grunt.

Last years lighting solution of strapping a light to one of my vans worked but it lacked, elegance. This is much more elegant of course. ;)

Finally 2 photos of Minnie after appearing to have ploughed into my box of tricks.

For once I have enough video to have a crack at making a video instead of a few moving pictures, although it will be Minnie-centric. Hopefully I'll have that done and up by tomorrow evening.

SapperAnt
Fireman
Fireman

Post by SapperAnt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:16 pm

"Millile the Tram" is gorgeous........

williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by williamfj » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Her other body is even better looking, sadly I haven't got any photos of it.

Lner fan Sam
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Lner fan Sam » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Looks like a good track there, will have to get down there sometime to play trains... :D
my first live steam engine build thread:
http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about6685.html

Sam Wake

williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by williamfj » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 pm

If you're interested Sam this page has details and a couple of videos of the line and the remaining dates for this year.
http://www.yorksme.org.uk/wp/?page_id=111

williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by williamfj » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:34 pm

I've finally made my video from the running day. I hope anyone who watches it finds it acceptable, any advice on making better videos would be welcome.
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/CKwJdrJAclg?hl=en_GB& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/CKwJdrJAclg?hl=en_GB&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

LMS-Jools
Driver
Driver

Post by LMS-Jools » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:07 pm

most enjoyable ta. :D

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:41 pm

I found that video more than acceptable. I especially liked the middle bit, where we were just sitting by the tracks watching the various trains going by. "Minnie" runs very well too.

williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by williamfj » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Yes I mean to do more of that, I wish I took my camera out more during the day to catch the other things running on the 16mm. With a good load Minnie does have a loud healthy bark, just like her namesake!