Sunday At The Hope Mountain Railway

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Tue May 15, 2012 8:34 pm

DolwyddelanLightRail:70825 wrote:
Pretoria:70818 wrote::hello2:   Welsh Highland Railway coach built by the Ffestering Nog at Boston Lodge.    :wave:
It's actually a Ffestiniog Coach, it's based on 116 I think!
Given that there appears to be a seperate first class compartment at the near end, i'd say James is right and it's 116 rather then the all 3rd 122 (although 116 is now also all 3rd following bodywork changes) 116 was actually built by the works of Edmund Crow in Cleater Moor, the same company that built the majority of the saloon coaches for a certain Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway! In fact, Ffestiniog 116 left the works at the same time as ratty 116 (and both feature in a fairly famous pic on lorries ready to head for their new homes) Ratty 116 later became 105, and this is now a coach I ride in very regulaly, since it is now the PW department Mess coach
Just realised I've now made TWO attempts to bungle this topic, sorry David and Dan... :roll:
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Tue May 15, 2012 8:39 pm

That's a stunning set up. Britomart looks very at home on the upper galleries; I have a new desktop background.
Matt

"The Ancient Greeks called it Pandora's box- but what they actually meant was Baldrick's Trousers"

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Tue May 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Endless, Nameless:70852 wrote:That's a stunning set up. Britomart looks very at home on the upper galleries; I have a new desktop background.
If your background is one of my pics do you want me to email it to you so its a better resolution?

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Tue May 15, 2012 10:00 pm

DolwyddelanLightRail:70854 wrote:
Endless, Nameless:70852 wrote:That's a stunning set up. Britomart looks very at home on the upper galleries; I have a new desktop background.
If your background is one of my pics do you want me to email it to you so its a better resolution?
Tiz yes- front 3/4 shot on the slate wagons, with steam drifting across in front of the spec. plate... however I only have a netbook so the resolution is just fine, cheers though 8)
Matt

"The Ancient Greeks called it Pandora's box- but what they actually meant was Baldrick's Trousers"

TTHLRMatt
Fireman
Fireman

Post by TTHLRMatt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Could I have some information of how big the sizes of slate (are they all or is there more types in there) were when you go them, have you carved the bits up on the quarry level and how are they attached to the ground ect please. Could I also have some details of where you got your big lumps please. Read the recent Railway modeler article and very interested!!
Last edited by TTHLRMatt on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Please? ;)
No one expects the SPANISH ACQUISITION!!!