Locomotive and stock lining.

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
Tony Bird
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Locomotive and stock lining.

Post by Tony Bird » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi,

As the weather is good even slightly warm I'm having a day away from the workshop preparing our model railway layout for an event in a couple of weeks time.

I expect some of you have already used Model Technics TrimLine self adhesive coach line but for those that haven't it works really well. A 2.5M roll with lines from 0.5mm up to 10mm costs less than £4 and comes in a range of colours. It is easy to apply and will take gentle curves, if mis-aliened it can be taken off and applied again. when satisfied with the result it can be fixed in place with varnish. I don't yet know how it will stand any heat.

The locomotive above is lined with yellow which is a bit bright and the carriage has gold lining which I prefer.

Regards Tony.

Superbiker_uk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Superbiker_uk » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Looks excellent Tony :D That coach is also very impressive - Is it possible to have another picture or two of the coach?

Tony Bird
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Tony Bird » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi Peter,

Alas I have just returned from loading both locomotive and carriage along with our layout into their transporting trailer. The carriage is a kit of a Corris 4 wheel carriage manufactured by Atropos . I haven't made any stock from a kit for many years. The kit isn't expensive for what it is and goes together very well, it isn't difficult but very time consuming to make. As you know our layout is at the Battle Field Line the same weekend as the 16MM AGM. I will be going to the AGM, others will play on the Saturday and I will be there on the Sunday. So you can see the carriage there, or after the event email me and I will post some more photographs of the coach.

Regards Tony.

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:18 am

I liked the old as-built Corris coaches. I have an old 4 wheel trolley kit from the (US) maker Northeast Narrow Gauge that looks similar. Have had it for years, need to build it.

Would love to learn more about that tram loco, it looks nice Tony!!
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

Tony Bird
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Tony Bird » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:52 am

Hi Garret,

The Tram is a Cracker with a tram body fitted. If you don't already know Cracker locomotives are very simple 0-4-0's having one single acting oscillating cylinder and a gear drive. This makes them quick, easy and cheap to build I have made many of them.

Regards Tony.

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:52 am

They both look wonderful! I am envious... :twisted:
Also, this is the 1st Corris Coach I've seen in Bronze green.
Please keep posting pictures!! :D

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks Tony, know of the design, a thing of envy for those of us without metalworking/machine skills!

Makes a good looking tram loco for sure.
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."