Glyn Valley Tramway 0-4-2

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
Flordon Films
Cleaner
Cleaner

Glyn Valley Tramway 0-4-2

Post by Flordon Films » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi
I'm trying to build a representation of Dennis one of the 0-4-2 tram locos from the GVT and whilst there are plenty of photos of the outside of the loco's does any one have any Photos or drawings of the cab area.
Were are the coal bunkers ie:- down the sides or at the rear of the cab and was it left or right hand drive.
If any one can help it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Brian
Transport Films on DVD
&
The Taz Valley Light Railway

Allansmr
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Allansmr » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm not sure about the details, but have you looked at this web page? http://www.glynvalleytramway.org.uk/ I'm sure they can answer all your questions.
Making model dreams come true with Black's Railway Workshop.

SapperAnt
Fireman
Fireman

Post by SapperAnt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:27 pm

I have a copy of the works drawings for the first two GVT engines.

As GVT engines were designed to run Cab First (they are technically 2-4-0s), the following is based upon that assumption:

The coal bunker is at the front of the cab, running the full width. The hand brake is on the left hand side of the cab. The regulator is at the rear of the cab ont he backhead. Initially the single sand box was hand controlled from the cab (hence the large cut-outs on the cab rear) but in 1892 a second sand box was added and both were made operable from the cab. The reversing quadrant is also on the left hand side of the cab. There was a seat for the driver so he could get a full view of the line as stipulated by the Tramways Act.

Annie
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Annie » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Drawings as requested :)

What has Reality done for you lately?