Roundhouse 2013

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
MDLR

Post by MDLR » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:19 pm

A Dylan on a Silver Lady chassis? That would only mean a new body................

MTA

Post by MTA » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Moved to 'General Garden Railways' as this isn't an off topic, er, topic!

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Must admit I'm slightly suprised about Russel, I would have thought it would be one to be withdrawn for re-modelling for re-release perhapes alongside the re-entry into service (eventually :roll: ) of the real thing. Although it is still a nice loco... 8)
As for new engine, I can't help thinking that one of these years they are going to have a fallow year with nothing new released

laurence703

Post by laurence703 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 pm

I think they could cash in on the recent Welsh slate locos that seem to be in the railway press quite a bit at the moment with the return of engines from America such as Penrhyn Winifed etc
I'd like to see a large quarry hunslet such as Lilla or the infamous Quarry hunslet from them, hopefully not too expensive...

Jon Mead

Roundhouse Retirements

Post by Jon Mead » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:10 pm

The web site is now indicating that Atlantic, Taliesin and Tom Rolt will be discontinued at the end of this year, so if you want one of these, need to get the order in before December.

User avatar
Keith S
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Keith S » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 am

DeHavilland Canada had this trouble with their aeroplanes: they don't wear out, and once they sold one or more to whoever wanted or needed one, there was no longer any demand for them.

TommyDodd

Re: Roundhouse Retirements

Post by TommyDodd » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Jon Mead:72770 wrote:The web site is now indicating that Atlantic, Taliesin and Tom Rolt will be discontinued at the end of this year, so if you want one of these, need to get the order in before December.
AAARGH!!

TWO out of the three on my "want" list! We had said that we really couldn't afford one since I didn't get that job and we should wait a year, but if any went for the chop we could bend the rules a bit. But TWO?!?!?! Atlantic or Tal? Tal or Atlantic?

Goes round in circles until collapse....

laurence703

Post by laurence703 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:14 pm

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure there will be a good few on the second hand market. But they could become a rarity.

Had a thought earlier today... Roundhouse Sponsor a Talyllyn loco that isn't Tom Rolt... I wouldn't be surprised if their next loco were to be "Talyllyn", just a hunch.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests