Accucraft choppers- what size mounting screws?
-
TommyDodd
Accucraft choppers- what size mounting screws?
Accy chopper couplings come with screws/bolts but no nuts as far as I can see. What size nut do I need (or tap should I buy)?
- RSB
- Cleaner

- Posts: 81
- Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:47 pm
- Location: Surrey
Re: Accucraft choppers- what size mounting screws?
In the past when I've fitted them, I've disposed of what comes with the coupling (I believe they are 2mm screws) and used 8 ba hexagon headed bolts.TommyDodd:67843 wrote:Accy chopper couplings come with screws/bolts but no nuts as far as I can see. What size nut do I need (or tap should I buy)?
- GTB
- Driver

- Posts: 1719
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:46 pm
- Location: Australia
Re: Accucraft choppers- what size mounting screws?
The screws in the bag are M2 x 0.5 and are 5mm long with a 3mm hex head.TommyDodd:67843 wrote:Accy chopper couplings come with screws/bolts but no nuts as far as I can see. What size nut do I need (or tap should I buy)?
If your buffer beams are metal then you can drill and tap them. Tapping drill size is 1.6mm (or 1/16" is near enough) and you'll need an M2 x 0.5 tap. Tapping in these very small sizes is iffy and it's very easy to break the tap if you are doing it with a handheld tap wrench, especially in steel.
The equivalent size BA screw is 10BA. The hex head is the same size at 3mm and the clearance hole is 1.8mm (or 5/64"), so you don't need to drill out the holes in the diecast coupler housing.
If fitting them to wood, then you can use #1 wood screws.
Regards,
Graeme
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests