battery box size
-
gauge
battery box size
Hi all, Ive just bought an ip engineering deluxe chassis got it so i will have something to run quickly as my brazil steamer is a while away,my question to you is what size battery box do i use, it says run the motor on 6 to 7 volts do i use a 2-4-or 6 aa size battery box you guys will know better. Thanks gauge 
-
Pendo Pilot
Well I used to run my IP Jessie & Jack (similar setup) on 6 AA cells. They were Ni-MH 1.2v (2000mAh) ones from maplin. Used to give me almost 3 hour running time & took about 20 mins to recharge (4 at a time) on a fast charger.. I always felt that it needed more oompth though but never got around to trying a little bit more.
When I first built the Jessie I tried it on 6 duracell AA's & it was hopeless, only just had enough power to haul itself. With the higher rated Ni-MH's it really worked quite well.
Oh & I used a 6 AA holder 3 over 3 style.
When I first built the Jessie I tried it on 6 duracell AA's & it was hopeless, only just had enough power to haul itself. With the higher rated Ni-MH's it really worked quite well.
Oh & I used a 6 AA holder 3 over 3 style.
- 90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Contact:
- -steves-
- Administrator

- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm
- Location: Cambridge & Peterborough
If you really want high power output then go for a 2 cell Li-po battery, loads of differing Mah ones to be had to suit the size needed. the only downside to these is they require a bit of a specialized charger and that dont come all that cheap, but they generally charge anything!
I have run li-pos for around 3 years now and never had any issues with them at all, for consistant power output the are unbeatable IMHO.
There were some tests done by a guy once on another forum comparing AA Nimhs, to sub C Nimhs and comparing that to Li-Po's, the AA's were extremly poor at outputting power consistanly, the Sub C's were much better (car racing pack) but the Li-Po's were awesome to say the least.
Here is a link to a cheap place in the UK that shows the 2 cell options and another link to a charger too.
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/cell-lipo-bat ... 1_113.html
Blimey, chargers have come down LOADS, now you can get them for as little as £18.30, i think my first one was around £50, and the last one I bought (A big one) was around £100. Ah well, enjoy the best batteries for even better costs!
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/lipo-charger- ... =1&sort=2a
I have run li-pos for around 3 years now and never had any issues with them at all, for consistant power output the are unbeatable IMHO.
There were some tests done by a guy once on another forum comparing AA Nimhs, to sub C Nimhs and comparing that to Li-Po's, the AA's were extremly poor at outputting power consistanly, the Sub C's were much better (car racing pack) but the Li-Po's were awesome to say the least.
Here is a link to a cheap place in the UK that shows the 2 cell options and another link to a charger too.
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/cell-lipo-bat ... 1_113.html
Blimey, chargers have come down LOADS, now you can get them for as little as £18.30, i think my first one was around £50, and the last one I bought (A big one) was around £100. Ah well, enjoy the best batteries for even better costs!
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/lipo-charger- ... =1&sort=2a
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests