Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
-
Keith S
- Driver

- Posts: 1668
- Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm
- Location: Canada
Post
by Keith S » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 am
I have some of those little battery powered lamps:
but I've ruined the little LEDS inside. While trying to replace the batteries, I broke off the leads on the tiny LED itself. I hope I can find some of these little LEDs, without having to buy new lamps.
A visit to the electronics store didn't turn up any small enough. Anybody know an online shop that sells them?
-
bluewater1150
Post
by bluewater1150 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:06 am
Hi, they can be replaced by a sub miniature 1.8mm led from micro miniatures - no resister required for 3v operation. Not identical buy they do fit. Check the polarity before spending 10 minutes making the legs fit!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270718784063? ... 1439.l2649
Elliot
8500
Northumberland
-
-steves-
- Administrator

- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm
- Location: Cambridge & Peterborough
Post
by -steves- » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:26 am
Great little light, where do you get them from in the first place?

-
Vapouriser
Post
by Vapouriser » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:52 am
I bought some little lamps from Maplins
-
bluewater1150
Post
by bluewater1150 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:08 am
Chuffed2bits and PPS sell these type of loco lamps- probably others too.
Elliot
-
JMORG
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 940
- Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:16 pm
- Location: Gloucester
Post
by JMORG » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:57 am
shame they are so damned expensive though, £16 seems awfully steep imho.
They are hidiously expensive. We only have 3 and we just swap them round the locos. The carriages and brake vans have the IP perminantly fixed ones.
-
METHSSNIFFER
Post
by METHSSNIFFER » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:32 pm
These are manufactured by Finescale Engineering and you wont get a better lamp in scale and protypical for 16mm chuffed 2 bits sell them on behalf of finescale
-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:36 pm
I couldnt make one for less than that. So why is £16 expensive? You cant get near chuffed 2 bits to buy them at the 16mm AGM.
-
Keith S
- Driver

- Posts: 1668
- Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm
- Location: Canada
Post
by Keith S » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:40 pm
They are pretty expensive, but they also look really good. I always notice when a locomotive has one. Since they don't have wires you can move them around just like the real thing. They have a soft yellow glow just like an oil lantern. I think they're worth the money, I only wish the batteries weren't so fiddly to change, but they are very small so that's to be expected.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests