Butterley Gala

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Post Reply
MDLR

Butterley Gala

Post by MDLR » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:35 pm

The first pictures from Saturday are at:

http://bgra.16mm.org.uk/gallery7.html

More tomorrow...............

Enjoy!
(We did)

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Enjoyed very much! Looks like a lot of fun :D

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:52 pm

Nice set of photo's Brian, thanks very much! (I have packed my camera ready for tomorrow - oh, and my name badge :oops: ) :D

User avatar
TonyW
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1357
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Post by TonyW » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:19 am

I wonder where Matt got the idea for his T-shirt...? :lol:
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:40 pm

WARNING! Large No. Of Photo's! :shock:

I've tried to capture every loco present today, apologies for any I've missed (or the shot was so poor I haven't used it!)

Now, who thought Pecketts were small?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

"A Study In Perspective" ;)

Image

Oops!

Image

It did rain late in the afternoon, but I was expecting it - the cows I bought from the Members Stall were laying down! :lol:

Image

Meanwhile, over on the 12" to the Ft...

Image

Image

Image

Image

and finally, one for Shane.............

Image

Now, watch out for the video from Lens lense (one of the T.I.T.S), who incidentally set up on an ants nest! :lol:
He's currently covered in calamine lotion and recovering from the attack by the incensed insects and has left the editing to me :roll:

Image

Great weekend - a big thanks to everyone who took part and an especial thanks to Tony (Maxnod) and the rest of the "crew" for the extra effort they put in to make it happen! :D

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Theres some great pictures there :D and looks as if it was an excellent day :lol:

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Nothing worse than ants on your T.I.T.S Greg!

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:21 pm

My shots of the day (totally different) have now been added to: http://bgra.16mm.org.uk/gallery7.html

Please note the Forum references!

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:46 am

Oh excellent, I think the real killer bunny will have to visit Butterly now, at the moment he's AWOL in Scotland! Cracking selection of pics, and great number of locos too

maxnod

Post by maxnod » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:56 pm

I have to say it's not just me, many people work together to make it happen.....Glenis, Norman, Anne, Keith, David, Tom, Mike(the security guard) Atropos, Back2Bay6, John Prescott, Tony Le Grys.
Oh, and not forgetting the MRT who allow us to play!!!!
I just hope everybody enjoyed themselves!

And bloody good pics by Greg and Brian. Thanks, chaps!

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:11 pm

I do like that BR Jack.

I do like to be beside the seaside too !

:shock: :lol: 8)

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Hah, great pics, I appear to have become somewhat infamous...
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

User avatar
Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1708
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 pm
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Try vistaprint you Can design your own fairly cheaply from them.

Mike PVLR

Post by Mike PVLR » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Just a few of my pics from an excellent day yesterday.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:52 pm

excellent pictures. I really like the weathered jack

Mrs F Controller

Post by Mrs F Controller » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Great photos . Look like you had a good weekend, shame it was so far away from us lot down here.

maxnod

Post by maxnod » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Mrs F Controller:56207 wrote:Great photos . Look like you had a good weekend, shame it was so far away from us lot down here.
We have a couple who come down from Darlington every year, approximately 120 miles and they stay in the Travelodge a mile and a half away from us.
So, anything is possible! :D

Or, make a long weekend of it and go and see the National Tramway Museum at nearby Crich, visit Chatsworth House, Peak Rail, Ecclesbourne Valley Railway, Denby Pottery, Cromford Mill, Heage Windmill, the possibilities are endless!!

And no, I don't work for the local Tourist Board, I just love (and am proud of) Derbyshire. (don't like Derby much, though, nowadays).

Mike PVLR

Post by Mike PVLR » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Mine was a three hour journey of just over a hundred miles, but was well worth it. I'll look forward to next now.

maxnod

Post by maxnod » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:47 am

Midland Railex anyone? :)
13/14 August

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests