On the ANLR

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Post Reply
SLRmidge

On the ANLR

Post by SLRmidge » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Due to a visit by SillyBilly today on the Afonglas & Nant Llywd Railway, I along with LMSjools were invited round to run. After general steaming the afternoon ended with some serious slate shifting from the quarry incline to the terminus of Afonglas......

Image

Image

Image

Image

As usual there were casualties!

Image

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Looks like alot of fun. I like the last picture, quite atmospheric :D

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:06 am

A most enoyable fternoon of Slate Train running.
Thank heavens there were younger people than I for all the kneeling though. lol

:? 8)

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:47 am

If I was there, you'd find Agnus & Pete could shift the whole lot in quick time :lol:
Great pics & I have to agree with taliesin that the last picture is very atmospheric. Leave that wagon to be claimed by plant life & take another photo in monochrome or sepia & it'll look smashing

User avatar
Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1708
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 pm
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:51 am

I'm inclined to agree :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist!

But great photos and I do like the incline section very welsh slate.

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Finally time for some pics from me, although I didn't take many, being the GM of a working slate railway is very hard work!!!
Image
Things started off very conventionally, with SLR Midge's Edrig and a goods train
Image
However, the steam visitor from the Seibiant Hill Railway (defunct) was Will's mamod, and his first carriages
Image
A mamod mexican standoff, between Prince of Wales and Compton Down number 8
Image
A line up of mamod type locos
Image
Incline in operation
Many thanks to all those who came and took part in the little bit of service running. If nothing else, I know where to make improvements (of which there need to be a few :roll: ) to make running the incline more reliable

pauly
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by pauly » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:00 pm

I didnt know that Bills railway was defunct :(

looks fun, wish I could attend some of these events :(
A steam propelled life-style.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests