Closure of the MDLR

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu May 26, 2011 9:17 pm

To Bungle : to redirect the topic of conversation to that that is different to the original.

Why not start a new thread under the topic of electric telegraph poles in the scenery section?
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Mrs F Controller
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Mrs F Controller » Thu May 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Brilliant idea!

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu May 26, 2011 9:37 pm

and you will have to take some kind of action nevertheless. I personally am a fan of some of the electrical ideas so far; the faulty extension cord "accidentally" left over the rails is my favourite so far.
Above all, I think it's best to remember the old Klingon saying that "Revenge is a dish best served cold!".

Get over the initial shock, rage and dismay, then get down to some serious planning!
Stuff like the non-drying anti intruder paint on perimeter fences, planting thorny climbing roses / hawthorn bushes etc, warning signs that declare the use of video surveillance are dirt cheap "starters" for improving your security.
The "dirty tricks department" is then entirely up to you to beefing it up ;)

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm not sure it's Klingon, wasn't it Mr. Burns who said that? :lol:

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Khan Noonien Singh, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
tlhIngan Hol: bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'
Literal translation: When cold revenge is served, the dish is always very good
Translation: Revenge is a dish best served cold ;)

Tom
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Tom » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:05 pm

I'll tell you what works too, As Terry had some at the Longmead Branch and they got one my nerves so much that they are now no more :D . It's those gadgets that give out an ear piercing tone that only the 'yoof' and cats can hear but the older aged ones of you cant as its out of your hearing frequency. I think Tesco's also used the same idea and it worked, preventing 'yoofs' from huddling up outside their stores causing anti social behaviour.

I agree with what everyone else has said too and I suppose im still part of the 'yoof' as I'm not far off turning 20. Like others on here I work hard for everything/every penny I get and can't see why people just have to go and ruin something for someone else just to get a kick or payment out of it or whatever those kind of scum do. If I can't afford something I have to wait, not go out and steal it from somewhere.

** Moan Over ** :lol: :D

On the serious side Brian have you had any thoughts about re-laying the line or are you sticking to what you've said? It would be a real shame to let those B****RDS win :(
Cheers Tom

Tobias
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Tobias » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 am

Honestly officer i don't know how the acid got onto the railheads :twisted:
steams up!