TANYGRISIAU GETS ITS LEVEL CROSSING

What is your latest project?
METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

TANYGRISIAU GETS ITS LEVEL CROSSING

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:14 am

As the project continues it was decided to put in the level crossing at Tanygrisiau and with some modification to bordering patio and rock border. Still to complete it will have flashing warning leds and audible two tone siren with the necessary signing. Walling is coming on and a new two week contract has been tendered to get the job done quicker.

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:38 am

Excellent, that looks great!

Sir haydn
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir haydn » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:32 pm

brilliant! what have you used for your roads? how did you get them tarmac colour?
Last edited by Sir haydn on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Yeh, I need to know how you got the tarmac colour too! Very convincing.
Also, what size strip have you used for the cattle grid? (That'd save me a bit of trial & error :roll: )

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Wow! That's excellence in level crossing building! You can sure tell where that's meant to be.

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Ok chaps ! The road surface is first laid with a mix of sharp sand and cement and left to set then a smooth surface laid on top with red sand and cement not necessary but smoothes out perfections.
I then swept my local street of its loose grit and sieved this giving me a fine dust. This was then applied deliberately whilst the cement was wet. Tamper it down and leave to go off and when dry apply waterproof PVA and again sieve more dust on to it. Once dry I applied external black gloss paint as tarmac. Again this was finished with a dusting. By applying a mixture of black and white paint various greys can be achieved and I diluted this with white spirit to give a washed appearance. Remember a real road as grit at the side of it skid marks pot holes and the dead squashed hedge hog. I will have some horse droppings to add to mine from a passing horse and rider. So go where your imagination takes you.
Hope this helps.

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Narrow Minded wrote:Yeh, I need to know how you got the tarmac colour too! Very convincing.
Also, what size strip have you used for the cattle grid? (That'd save me a bit of trial & error :roll: )
The stripwood is about 2.5mm square!