IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Steve Warrington Back 2 Bay 6

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
GardenRail

IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Steve Warrington Back 2 Bay 6

Post by GardenRail » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:03 pm

I am sorry to have to tell you that Steve Warrington of Back 2 Bay 6 is now very seriously ill.

His wife requests that no contact is made until the situation becomes clearer and I will promulgate information on all groups and forums when it becomes available.


Tag Gorton
Editor
GardenRail magazine
http://www.atlanticpublishers.com/gr/

Skype name 'tagorton'
AIM name 'tagrailway'
iChat name 'tagrailway'

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Heavens,
I sincerely hopes he makes a full and speedy recovery.
Thanks for the info Tag.
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Thanks Tag, not the type of news one likes to hear, but thanks for letting us know.

I'm sure everyone on here wishes Steve all the best and look forward to hearing that he's OK.

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:03 am

Yup wishing him well.

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:26 am

Hope he gets better.
Thanks
Jack

kes

Post by kes » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:29 am

If chance arises please add the Compton Down to the list of folks wanting to pass on their best wishes, hoping Steve makes a full recovery

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Crikey, I was only in the shop the other day. He wasn't feeling the best then but didn't seem to bad. I hope he recovers well & best wishes to him.

GardenRail

Post by GardenRail » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Pendo Pilot wrote:Crikey, I was only in the shop the other day. He wasn't feeling the best then but didn't seem to bad. I hope he recovers well & best wishes to him.


Further information. Steve now has a pulmonary embolism and so will be in hospital till this is sorted. I understand he has contracted an infection as well


Tag

GardenRail

Post by GardenRail » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:05 pm

GardenRail wrote:
Pendo Pilot wrote:Crikey, I was only in the shop the other day. He wasn't feeling the best then but didn't seem to bad. I hope he recovers well & best wishes to him.


Further information. Steve now has a pulmonary embolism and so will be in hospital till this is sorted. I understand he has contracted an infection as well


Tag
Steve W is a bit better, off oxygen and seeing Consultant tomorrow. Things are improving...:)

Tag

GardenRail

Post by GardenRail » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:22 pm

For information the Telford and Llanfair shows will be going ahead. This will be done by Steve's family and friends...

Tag

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:52 pm

Very good news about Steve, sounds like he's doing good. If you do speak to him or get to pass on a message tell him the Virgin driver (Always in uniform on way to or from work when I see him) wishes him the best & needs more 16mm stuff. Obviously the last bit said in jest, I can wait! ;)

Shane

GardenRail

Post by GardenRail » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:26 pm

Pendo Pilot wrote:Very good news about Steve, sounds like he's doing good. If you do speak to him or get to pass on a message tell him the Virgin driver (Always in uniform on way to or from work when I see him) wishes him the best & needs more 16mm stuff. Obviously the last bit said in jest, I can wait!  ;)

Shane
Will do – still in hospital. Spoke to Mrs Warrington this morning – and Steve is now on well on the road to recovery – though it was a close run thing apparently – particularly Thursday of last week.

Get well cards etc may be sent to the shop. Now the crisis is over this will be regularly checked.

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:51 am

Just an update, Steve is now back up & running. A little sore but the shop is open again with Steve at the helm most days. If you are going to the shop then best ring first to check what time he is open till as he is still a little run down. I went in there & bought some stuff to show support to my local & most excellent model shop.

ACLR

Post by ACLR » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:29 pm

I dont know this gentleman being from the back of beyond but Im glad to hear he is doing better. wish him well from us folks down under

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests