Annoying questions

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
pauly
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by pauly » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

DolwyddelanLightRail wrote:
TommyDodd wrote:
bessytractor wrote:Ah yes, people assume that because I work for Network Rail whenever I have my fleece on I am an all singing and dancing oracle of railway knowledge.
I know that song. One of the upsides of being stuck in "the old folks' home" (what we call our shiny new computerised signalling centre) is not having to deal with the Great British Public any more, except occasionally via the moan line- AHB phones near stations. At one of my locations (I was GP relief then) I used to park my motorbike on the down platform: One wet day I'd just arrived for late turn, and had just pulled the bike up onto its centre stand and taken my lid off when this charming specimen of the Daily Sport's target market knuckle-walks up to me and says by way of greeting and introduction "Oi you foureyed ****, how long's this ****ing train going to be then?". So I calmly and politely told him, "Two hundred ****ing feet long, sir" and left him speechless to wait for his train- which was dead on time as he would have known if he'd bothered to read the departure board (assuming he could read).
:lol: The only problem with the British Public, is that nowadays is completely ignorant about ANYTHING I've found recently!
with that now understood youll do well in life! ;) :lol:
A steam propelled life-style.

pauly
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by pauly » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:35 pm

1 that I really hat is when you have someone round whos heard about the railway and expects some grand 5 mile long estate affair and when they see the it their like:  So is this it then?   :|

and whenever I have kids round I get Toby out
Image

Image
A steam propelled life-style.

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:30 pm

pauly wrote:
DolwyddelanLightRail wrote: :lol: The only problem with the British Public, is that nowadays is completely ignorant about ANYTHING I've found recently!
with that now understood youll do well in life!   ;)   :lol:
:lol: :lol: :roll:

bessytractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by bessytractor » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:02 pm

TommyDodd wrote:
bessytractor wrote:Ah yes, people assume that because I work for Network Rail whenever I have my fleece on I am an all singing and dancing oracle of railway knowledge.
I know that song. One of the upsides of being stuck in "the old folks' home" (what we call our shiny new computerised signalling centre) is not having to deal with the Great British Public any more, except occasionally via the moan line- AHB phones near stations. At one of my locations (I was GP relief then) I used to park my motorbike on the down platform: One wet day I'd just arrived for late turn, and had just pulled the bike up onto its centre stand and taken my lid off when this charming specimen of the Daily Sport's target market knuckle-walks up to me and says by way of greeting and introduction "Oi you foureyed ****, how long's this ****ing train going to be then?". So I calmly and politely told him, "Two hundred ****ing feet long, sir" and left him speechless to wait for his train- which was dead on time as he would have known if he'd bothered to read the departure board (assuming he could read).
you legend :lol:

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Pendo Pilot wrote:The common belief amongst rail staff is that people remove there brains before entering a railway station (Not train station damn it!!)
Ah, Good! Another person who can't STAND train staion!

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

MDLR wrote:
Pendo Pilot wrote:The common belief amongst rail staff is that people remove there brains before entering a railway station (Not train station damn it!!)
Ah, Good! Another person who can't STAND train staion!
Same!

bessytractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by bessytractor » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:33 pm

MDLR wrote:
Pendo Pilot wrote:The common belief amongst rail staff is that people remove there brains before entering a railway station (Not train station damn it!!)
Ah, Good! Another person who can't STAND train staion!
I cant bear it when people say that.

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:31 am

Keith&Joanna wrote:
Pendo Pilot wrote:
But the worst one I have had!
Train driving, thats just two buttons isn't it? Stop & go isn't it?
-Yes, I needed 11 months of training, then another month learning traction & more time learning routes because all I do is press go & then stop buttons everynow & then.  :roll:
TWO BUTTONS!!!!??

I thought it was just the one handle that does everything  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Oh sorry, and the horn  ;)
LOL, trouble is I have to find the one handle (plus horn) with all this other junk in the way.......


Image

:D :D :twisted:

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:10 am

Ahh, I thought sun dials were specific to steam engines...
I thought wrong obviously.
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests