Kerr Stuart Tattoo

What is your latest project?
Adam R
Cleaner
Cleaner

Kerr Stuart Tattoo

Post by Adam R » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 am

Hi All-

My project for a few years and a few false starts has been a kerr stuart tattoo- since becoming proficient at CAD- ill be getting the frames valvegear and bodywork laser cut- coal fired boiler- with the option of retrofitting with gas- and roundhouse hackworth cylinders.

so for I have the frames drawn- cab front and back- and some of the motion- its just finding the time to draw the rest.

Ive a few idea's to incorporate etc- like a working whistle- possibly a no2 injector on it. it will be corris 4 circa 1921-

but the beauty of it is in CAD- I can lenghten the frames and other dark majic and turn it into corris 4 as today on the talyllyn.

Cheers

Adam

Sir haydn
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir haydn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Nice project, and a lovely loco. We have built one already and it is a lovely runner. We also have built a corris number 1, Also a fab little loco.
Only thing to watch out for on corris/Talyllyn No 4 is the balancing! Have a strong spring at the ready for your pony truck!

Adam R
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Adam R » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Had a few idea's re the pony truck- but not given it a huge amount of thought- can I ask where you sourced your wheels from?- and did they need machinging or were they pre done- makes no odds- but its just nice to know.

Ta

Adam

Sir haydn
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir haydn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:02 pm

essel engineering do the wheels. If you go on lightlines website and look through the manufactures, click on steve acton and there is some nice detailed pics there showing the wheels. they are machined!