#workshopwednesday - a rolling road for the FeckHallBahn. Bach Chorale accompaniment

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
Nigel B
Cleaner
Cleaner

#workshopwednesday - a rolling road for the FeckHallBahn. Bach Chorale accompaniment

Post by Nigel B » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:31 pm

https://youtu.be/bFVBVa9f3c8

Totally gobsmacked by the cost of commercially available 45mm gauge rolling roads I decided to build my own. Everything I needed was already to hand so all it’s cost me is time.
Built using an off-cut of plywood, Meccano and some rollers I already had.
The Bach Chorale I’m playing is one of the 300+ I recorded as part of a lockdown project called ‘A Chorale a Day’. My transcription but I can’t actually remember which one this is! The french horn is a Paxman 23LD with a Schmidt silver flare.
FeckHallBahn

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Re: #workshopwednesday - a rolling road for the FeckHallBahn. Bach Chorale accompaniment

Post by drewzero1 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:11 pm

I liked the use of Meccano! I had an erector set as a kid and if I still had it, you can bet it'd be pressed into service on the railway. Love the horns too- I'm happy to hear there are more such recordings.

Old Man Aaron
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: #workshopwednesday - a rolling road for the FeckHallBahn. Bach Chorale accompaniment

Post by Old Man Aaron » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:43 am

Aye, rolling roads aren't worth the price, IMO. One of these days I'll make my own from aluminium angle and cheap bearings - but I seem to keep getting away with blocks of wood. :scratch:

Yours is certainly a standard to aim for. Fully-adjustable, self-contained on a board, with a storage box to boot. :salute:
Regards,
Aaron - Scum Class Works

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:34 pm

Very neat (and cheap) solution.
And the music seems to suit it well :thumbup:

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube