Any ideas as to the origin of this loco?

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Any ideas as to the origin of this loco?

Post by ge_rik » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:19 pm

GTB wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:22 pm
ge_rik wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:49 am Presumably, the slightly taller similar locos don't have the dropped footplate?
Sorry, I thought I'd checked the numbers before I hit the post button. The driving wheel dia. on Anita was 2' 4"...... :roll:

Unlike some builders, if their catalogue is anything to go by, Hunslet don't seem to have made a habit of lowering the cab floor. My Hunslet is about the same size as Anita and is based on one used on reservoir building contracts.
Regards,
Graeme
IMG_0624.jpeg
She is a little beauty! I like the dull livery. I've just given one of my locos a spray of semi-matt/satin varnish and I do think it looks better than the ones with a high gloss finish. More workmanlike.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

philipy

Post by philipy » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:34 pm

philipy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:43 pm I must have drawings of the F class. I'm away atm but be back home tomorrow and I'll rout them out and let you have them.
Sorry, I've searched high and low but can't find those drawings, I'm afraid, and I've no idea where I got them from originally, 30 years ago!
Philip

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:06 pm

philipy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:34 pm
philipy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:43 pm I must have drawings of the F class. I'm away atm but be back home tomorrow and I'll rout them out and let you have them.
Sorry, I've searched high and low but can't find those drawings, I'm afraid, and I've no idea where I got them from originally, 30 years ago!
Just a thought, but following the trail of "who owns what", MW's intellectual property now seems to belong to Hunslet - who, these days, are based at (owned by?) Statfold Barn. They may be willing/able to help?

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:42 pm

Andrew wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:06 pm
philipy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:34 pm
Just a thought, but following the trail of "who owns what", MW's intellectual property now seems to belong to Hunslet - who, these days, are based at (owned by?) Statfold Barn. They may be willing/able to help?
That's useful info, thanks

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube