New arrival on the MHLR

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
Post Reply
mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

New arrival on the MHLR

Post by mhlr » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:12 am

Well, my dad decided to get his first loco. To begin with, he was going to go for the new IOM Viking, but Brandbright were having problems with them (and also not replying to our emails).

So, after ringing a certain company and being told they wouldn't be able to send the loco until late October, we then rang GRS yesterday, and look what appeared on the doorstep this afternoon!


























Image

A brand new 'Criccieth Castle' in Anniversary grey. There are thoughts on naming it 'Pendennis Castle', which is just around the corner from us. There are also some mods planned for it, which are all cosmetics. Anyway, have a look:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KxdCpqL58SY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KxdCpqL58SY&hl ... 2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
Image

User avatar
Palmerston
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: Southest of The Netherlands

Post by Palmerston » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:28 am

Yep, the best you can get! Heres mine. I also considered the grey, but i got deep brunswick green in the end.

Image

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 am

Nice, what's with the blinky headlamps? The sound can get a bit drilling on the video.

Looks like your turntable could do with some work!!

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:15 am

Nice, though I do wish Roundhouse would cover those slotted bolt heads on thwe axles they are very obvious on this particular model.
:)

pauly
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by pauly » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 am

I watched the vid and me dogs barked like mad at the sound :lol:


are those ants crawling around the track at 3.40? I hate ants!
A steam propelled life-style.

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:53 pm

Very nice Pete, I wish my dad would buy new engines for use on my line (but then again I have got an uncle... :lol: )
I do know someone with a "Cricc" however, and have it seen it running at steamups my opinion is that anyhthing more then about 5 mins of the sounds becomes quite annoying. Especially with the horn being continually blown!!!

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Will: Blinky headlights are the camera, I checked whilst videoing it. The sound gets drilling? Well I still reckon its better than that rubbishy one fitted to your B.G. that sounds like a computer going bazerk.

LMS-Jools: I have been thinking about your comment, I will see what my dad thinks about painting the bolt heads red to blend them in abit!

Pauly: Should turn down the speakers a tad bit then :lol: Probably louder on your computer than the loco actually puts out :lol:
Didn't see ants though, but I get loads of them around this time of year. I either pour a bit of petrol on the place they come from and set a light to it, or use the white ant power!

laalratty: My dad wanted something to take to steam ups so hes not left out!! However, he doesn't want a steamer, unlike your uncle who bought a TAL!!!

I don't know why people keep knocking the sound though, I rather like it and it sounds great going through my tunnel. It isn't overly loud either... at least theres a switch to turn it off anyway - just doesnt seem the same loco then though.
Image

pauly
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by pauly » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:42 pm

and your turntables looking a bit warped as well :|
A steam propelled life-style.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:44 pm

pauly wrote:and your turntables looking a bit warped as well  :|
That's because it is. But that was the first time I have used it since last year!
Image

User avatar
TonyW
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1357
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Post by TonyW » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:00 am

mhlr wrote:LMS-Jools: I have been thinking about your comment, I will see what my dad thinks about painting the bolt heads red to blend them in abit!
They will look much better if you do that. Painting the wheels black might be a good thing to do as well.
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeserday I did paint the bolt heads red, I will get a picture later. I also painted the wipers black, the little panel to the left of the bonnet, the buttons/switches inside the cab, then added No. 10 on the buffer beams in MHLR fashion!
Image

ptlrcecil

Post by ptlrcecil » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:40 pm

laalratty wrote:Very nice Pete, I wish my dad would buy new engines for use on my line (but then again I have got an uncle... :lol: )
I do know someone with a "Cricc" however, and have it seen it running at steamups my opinion is that anyhthing more then about 5 mins of the sounds becomes quite annoying. Especially with the horn being continually blown!!!
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUgh :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests