Snapseed problem

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
pandsrowe
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Snapseed problem

Post by pandsrowe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:30 am

After Tom Tom's suggestion to use Snapseed to modify photos I have used it and found it quite useful, at least for my purposes. However one thing has completely eluded me and that is how you delete files. I have spent ages trying all to no avail, apart from completely removing the programme and then down loading it again I can't see any way of doing this. I am using this with an Android tablet but I can't see that making much difference.
Has anyone here experienced this or is it me being stupid?
Phil

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Re: Snapseed problem

Post by bazzer42 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:16 am

I'm using pixlr and have the same problem so I will also be happy to be told where to go.

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 am

You don't say if you're on android or apple. I'm not using snapseed, but if it's like other android apps, it will save photos to a folder in the gallery. You can delete them from there.
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 am

Not sure how it works with Snapseed, but I have Pixlr on my Android Tablet. If I want to delete an image or a set of images I use 'Gallery'. After starting up Gallery, I click on 'Albums' from the drop down list. This shows (among everything else) the Pixlr album. If I open that I can delete individual images by clicking on them and then clicking the dustbin. If I want to delete all the contents of the Pixlr album, I hold my finger on the Pixlr album until it gives me a checkbox. With the Pixlr album checked, I then click on the dustbin and it deletes the entire album and its contents. Editing another image in Pixlr will create a new album.

Hope that works on your device.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks Rik - files deleted in under 60 secs!

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:32 pm

With Snapseed it saves the files in it's own folder as they are exported at reduced quality to the original.

The folder can be found on Android in My Files>Snapseed

My Files can be accessed by going to Apps>Tools>My Files

pandsrowe
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by pandsrowe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:35 am

Thanks Tom, files now deleted. I must admit I would never have thought of doing that, I was only looking within the programme itself. Maybe it's just me not really all that experienced with using Android.
Phil

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:39 pm

I can understand why they have not included the ability to delete files within the app as this gives the app permission to remove files from your phone which is not necessary as you can do this yourself.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:10 am

I am deeply suspicious of some apps which seem to want access to all sorts of unnecessary things. When I wanted to install a new ring tone on my phone, I searched around online. One ringtone wanted access to my location and my contacts. Needless to say I found another which only wanted access to my sounds.

I have refused to install iTunes on my Android devices because it wants access to my location, my contacts and all sorts of other things which seem quite intrusive.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dwayne » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Same here Rik. Nosey buggers.

Anyways, those photos I take with my Android phone are simply uploaded to the PC using the USB cable. I do the same when I'm using my Pentax SLR which uses an SD card.

At this point I'll resize the photos I want to post to 800x600 pixels using Paint and then upload it to the forum.

I do have a Flikr account for a few motorcycle forums I haunt that don't have or allow direct uploads to the forum server.

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Snapseed can do all of that, no need to use a PC.

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:39 am

ge_rik wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:10 am I am deeply suspicious of some apps which seem to want access to all sorts of unnecessary things. When I wanted to install a new ring tone on my phone, I searched around online. One ringtone wanted access to my location and my contacts. Needless to say I found another which only wanted access to my sounds.

I have refused to install iTunes on my Android devices because it wants access to my location, my contacts and all sorts of other things which seem quite intrusive.

Rik
I thought these new GDPR rules were supposed to stop the collection of unnecessary data and information? I can't think of any reason why a ringtone would need to know your location and contacts!
Ian

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:04 am

tom_tom_go wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:11 pm Snapseed can do all of that, no need to use a PC.
Snapseed is so easy to use…no faffing about loading to PC and then resizing, just take a photo and upload….easy…..Great tip from Tom.

thebillster
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by thebillster » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:29 pm

I love Snapseed, photography is my bag and post a bit on Flickr, camera, IPad, Snapseed, Flickr. Simples! :thumbleft:

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:35 am

thebillster wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:29 pm I love Snapseed, photography is my bag and post a bit on Flickr, camera, IPad, Snapseed, Flickr. Simples! :thumbleft:
:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: