Not the usual Nigerian generals....

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
philipy

Not the usual Nigerian generals....

Post by philipy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:29 am

Sorry, but I just had to share this email which I've just received:

" I writе you bеcause I рut а mаlwаrе оn the web раgе with pоrn which you havе visitеd.
My virus grаbbеd all your рersonаl infо аnd turned on your cаmеrа whiсh cарtured the process of yоur оnаnism. Just aftеr that thе sоft sаved yоur contаct list.
I will deletе the cоmprоmising videо аnd info if you раy me 500 USD in bitcoin. This is аddress for рaymеnt: 1PFwbxGMbuYCjPpFq95V4ummGpAo7S3d75

I givе you 30 hours after you oрen my mеssаgе fоr making the trаnsаctiоn.
It is nоt nеcеssary tо tеll mе thаt yоu have sent mоnеy tо mе. This аddrеss is cоnnеctеd tо you, my system will dеletе evеrything autоmаtically аftеr trаnsfer сonfirmatiоn.
If you neеd 48 h just reply on this lеttеr with +.
Yоu саn visit thе роlicе stаtiоn but nobody can help yоu.
I dont livе in your country. So they cаn nоt track my locаtiоn even fоr 8 months.
Goоdbyе. Dоnt fоrgеt аbоut the shamе."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Philip

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Not the usual Nigerian generals....

Post by ge_rik » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:39 am

Whatever you do, Philip, don't forget about the shame! :?
I've seen a few scams, but this one takes the biscuit (whatever that means.....). :shock:

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:49 am

You might want to Google 'Sextortion' before you chuckle away to yourselves...

TonyW
Driver
Driver

Post by TonyW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 am

I've had several similar messages. Just one problem though ... I don't have a camera.

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 pm

I get calls claiming to be from microsoft and the caller tells me my computer has a problem and they will sort it out for me. There's no way they could know my name and telephone number from from browsing and surfing the internet. One of many scams out there. I refuse to discuss anything with callers if they ask me for personal information or to identify myself by confirming any details.

On a different note, not sure if you need a facebook account to see this, but this made me laugh.

https://www.facebook.com/uniladmag/vide ... 7066714636

Ian
Ian

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:03 pm

IanC wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 pm I get calls claiming to be from microsoft and the caller tells me my computer has a problem and they will sort it out for me. There's no way they could know my name and telephone number from from browsing and surfing the internet. One of many scams out there. I refuse to discuss anything with callers if they ask me for personal information or to identify myself by confirming any details.

On a different note, not sure if you need a facebook account to see this, but this made me laugh.

Ian
I was at my 97 yo mother's house when she got one of those calls. Either the line was bad or his Indian accent was so thick, I couldn't understand what he was saying. After I got him to repeat himself for the third time, I said, "But we don't have a computer, " which in my mum's case is true. His exasperated response was, "You sir, are a liar!" He hung up before I had time to say more or less the same to him.

Rik
------------------------

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:45 pm

ge_rik wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:03 pm
IanC wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 pm I get calls claiming to be from microsoft and the caller tells me my computer has a problem and they will sort it out for me. There's no way they could know my name and telephone number from from browsing and surfing the internet. One of many scams out there. I refuse to discuss anything with callers if they ask me for personal information or to identify myself by confirming any details.

Ian
I was at my 97 yo mother's house when she got one of those calls. Either the line was bad or his Indian accent was so thick, I couldn't understand what he was saying. After I got him to repeat himself for the third time, I said, "But we don't have a computer, " which in my mum's case is true. His exasperated response was, "You sir, are a liar!" He hung up before I had time to say more or less the same to him.

Rik
After writing this I got a call from BT Internet Department and the caller had an Indian accent. When he told me I had a computer problem I knew what was coming. I told him I don't have a computer. He told me to buy one! He kept insisting I had a problem, someone abroad was using my internet identity. When I said I wasn't bothered he told me to "f@@k off" and hung up!

Ian
Ian

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 am

I wonder if it wss the same chap. Whoever, it sounds as if he's not sticking to his script....

Rik
------------------------

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:12 am

ge_rik wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 am I wonder if it wss the same chap. Whoever, it sounds as if he's not sticking to his script....

Rik
No, he's not stuck to his script. Obviously he was annoyed because he couldn't dupe me into falling for his scam.

Ian
Ian

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:50 pm

IanC wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:12 am No, he's not stuck to his script. Obviously he was annoyed because he couldn't dupe me into falling for his scam.
Ian
Very inconsiderate of you. Clearly, you didn't stick to your script...... :lol:

Rik
------------------------

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:14 pm

ge_rik wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:50 pm
IanC wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:12 am No, he's not stuck to his script. Obviously he was annoyed because he couldn't dupe me into falling for his scam.
Ian
Very inconsiderate of you. Clearly, you didn't stick to your script...... :lol:

Rik
I know, tut, tut. Lol. I like the phishing calls too about car accidents. I usually tell them which one do they want to discuss first. I insist that they tell me which one they want to discuss because they claim to have details. It usually exposes their sham when they can't provide any details.

Ian
Ian

dewintondave
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by dewintondave » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:16 am

Shame!! That's why my webcam has a dot of masking tape covering the lens...
Best wishes,
Dave

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Funnily enough I had one today, first in ages. I just pointed out in my best parsons voice that I felt that he might be breaking the 9th commandment in an attempt to break the 8th.
"You have a good day Sir" was the reply........

It makes a change from people asking about an accident I don't remember.....

Mind you, my normal reply to the the question "Have you had an accident?" is "Yes, and he has just started school"
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

philipy

Post by philipy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm terrified! I've had a final warning now, do you all think I should pay up PDQ???
Philip

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:14 pm

No, just tell them the cheque's in the post!!!!!!!

Ian
Ian

cncmodeller
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by cncmodeller » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 am

My friends son told me a good response he made to the ' About your road accident that you recently had' from the car insurance scammers, his reply was " Which one? oh you mean the one where I killed the kids! Needless to say the person on the phone hung up!

John