RWM Steam Janet running beautifully

A very popular starting point for Live Steam. With their low cost comes a number of problems which can be discussed here
Roy Wood
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Roy Wood » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Hello all
Following the very positive reception of my Salem video a couple of weeks or so ago, I thought I'd post a link to a video taken today of my manual Janet running rather nicely. Apart from a few cosmetic additions, my later type of cylinders and a Summerlands Chuffer it's completely standard. The latest cylinders have been modified to provide a more even power curve when running slowly and are, of course, available on Janets, De Wintons or as a replacement set for tired Janes, Mamods etc.
The video is at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll50A8EcJ4k
Kind regards
Roy Wood

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Very nice. Is the cab now available with a roof? :D

Roy Wood
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Roy Wood » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello
Yes, the cab with roof is available either bare metal or powder-coated blue or green (with a black roof). It can easily be painted any colour using Halfords amazing spray cans because it doesn't get hot. Details are on the website
Kind regards
Roy

MANICK
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by MANICK » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:49 pm

Nice video. Wonderful loco and tender.

Roy Wood
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Roy Wood » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:51 pm

Glad you like it Chris. It's one of my favourite locos and i think the tender sets it off nicely.
regards
Roy

dougrail
Driver
Driver

Post by dougrail » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi Roy,

Cheers for the video, wonderful stuff. I definitely am a fan of how slow and controlled that engine went. :)

The latest cylinders have been modified to provide a more even power curve when running slowly and are, of course, available on Janets, De Wintons or as a replacement set for tired Janes, Mamods etc.
May I ask how this was achieved compared to the first generation of your Janet cylinders please?

Cheers

Roy Wood
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Roy Wood » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:08 am

Hi
Yes, the cylinders are unchanged but the port plate has been slightly altered. The ports have been very slightly enlarged and, again very slightly, repositioned.
Kind regards
Roy