7/8" scale figure converting.

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
Bill/Rubery
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

7/8" scale figure converting.

Post by Bill/Rubery » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:30 am

Hello, I am having a big wagon build as I want to use up some old castings down the shed. The first wagon is to be a 'Directors and Union Reps Inspection coach cum wagon'. Knocking up the waggonette? is easy but but thought had to be made concerning the 'Directors and Union men'. I suppose I could model the figures out of Das but I looked for a quicker route! I have a link on my web site to 'Model Town'. There I found cheap 7/8" scale bodies. They were a easy paint and I fitted some fine scale heads I had. Here is a picture of the 'Directors and Union Reps' plus a driver for my Mamod 'Brunel'....the bearded chap! 7-8ths scale is easy on the eye for fine painting!
Regards, Bill/Rubery

www.amalgamatedconserves.org.uk

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 am

They're looking fine, Bill! Figures are something I Don't Do...................
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Bill/Rubery
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Bill/Rubery » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:39 am

I see on here (below) a lot of messages about the 'Rob Bennett' style of figures with rustic faces. I like them but not the cost!! Sometimes I start counting up the cost when I see a picture in SMT that shows the owner of such and such railway has little imagination but a deep pocket. I see on the topic mentioned that people say there is little choice out there? Ever been to a 'Pound Shop'?? The one in our local village has lots of cheap 16mm scale stuff just right for converting! Years ago I found 7/8" scale figures in the same shop for two for a pound. A bit of burring off of plastic and a re-paint got me many figures all with different fine scale faces...
Regards, Bill/Rubery

www.amalgamatedconserves.org.uk