A Delightful Little Wagon from Jurrasic Models

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Post Reply
MDLR

A Delightful Little Wagon from Jurrasic Models

Post by MDLR » Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 pm

I'm always on the lookout for small wagons forFlagg Fluorspar and one thing which caught my eye at Peterborough was this delightful little wagon, new from Jurassic Models. For only £12-50 it was an absolute bargain, so I ordered one. It arrived late last week, and I took a couple of hours to build it this evening.

There are a number of innovative features: the wheels, (Binnie plastic), axles, axle bearings (eyelets - a lot easier to work with than smaller bearings) and pins-to-make-the-couplings-from come packed into a specially cut piece of ply backed with masking tape, which means that it's easy to check that they're all these, and makes the whole kit fit neatly into a standard Large Letter sized envelope. The strapping, dumb irons and axlebox details are all laser cut from business card stock - there are two layers for the door strappng and three layers (plus a layer of ply) for the axlebox covers.

There are cocktail sticks (cut them in half lengthways and use 8mm lengths to represent the hinges) and a whole string of 2mm square "nuts" to glue on the wagon door strapping, but I ain't going there!

I'm going to give it a coat of matt varnish in the morning - I like to have at least one wagon in the fleet "in the wood" and it'll stop it getting dirty.

All in all, a delightful little wagon.

Image

Image

McRuss
Cleaner
Cleaner
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:39 am

Post by McRuss » Wed May 14, 2014 7:07 am

Hello Brian,

these is a lovely little wagon. These could suit my railway very well too.
Where could I purchase the range of Jurassic Models, or did they have a website?

Markus

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Wed May 14, 2014 9:46 am

They don't have their own web site but there is some information here: http://www.summerlands-chuffer.co.uk/ju ... 4577586366

Vallon

Re: A Delightful Little Wagon from Jurrasic Models

Post by Vallon » Wed May 14, 2014 11:06 am

MDLR:100617 wrote: All in all, a delightful little wagon.
Absolutely !

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sat May 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Jurrassic do some nice stuff. Well worth getting a catalogue.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests