Hi
Has anybody any experience of Playmobil Lehmann left hand point 39 deg r 600mm?
The radius looks a bit tight!
Thanks
LGB point query
- listerboy
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 173
- Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: Lisburn Co. Antrim
- Contact:
- rebelego
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 211
- Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:00 pm
- Location: Norway
Re: LGB point query
That is the regular LGB R1 switch.listerboy:100030 wrote:Has anybody any experience of Playmobil Lehmann left hand point 39 deg r 600mm?
The radius looks a bit tight!
Yes, the R1 curves are tight, I recommend using R3, but it depends on the space available and your rolling stock. :)
-
Enginehouse
I run several sets of these points both left hand and right hand with no problems at all *but* do I do not run large (as in long wheelbase) US style stock. Standard UK type 16mm locos and stock do not seem to have any problems so far other than "some" manufacturers mainly 16mm size wheel sets "bumping" due to the wheel flange depth when running across the frog insulating block. My rake of Binnie tippers with steel wheels being the main culprit. Easily cured in my case with a narrow strip of Plasticard. To ease the lift and drop off problem. Never had a derail across the R1 points but have no reverse curve run in or out. Points once set in place are pretty bombproof.
Point to note. If buying and using Piko points (not Peco), which are in my experience completely interchangeable with LGB track profiles, do not order on the basis of Rad1 Rad2 Rad3 but by the actual track radius required. The numbers do not actually relate across the two manufacturers points stock. I use a mixture of both Piko and LGB brass track in the garden.
Point to note. If buying and using Piko points (not Peco), which are in my experience completely interchangeable with LGB track profiles, do not order on the basis of Rad1 Rad2 Rad3 but by the actual track radius required. The numbers do not actually relate across the two manufacturers points stock. I use a mixture of both Piko and LGB brass track in the garden.
- listerboy
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 173
- Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: Lisburn Co. Antrim
- Contact:
-
Enginehouse
I will admit to having visited Glendale Junction our local GR retailer a few times and took some inspiration from his very compact 45mm railway. It is run on LGB trackwork, and has a host of features crammed into a very nicely raised and landscaped small area behind the shop. He has a much larger GR layout of course extending around the whole garden, but the small all raised demo layout appealed to me. Hence I copied the interesting bits leaving out the waterfall.listerboy:100045 wrote:Thanks. Can't see me having any large rolling stock, it'll be mostly short wheelbase 4 wheeled stock. I don't have a lot of room either.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests