A Wickham trolley

A place where discussions are about 3D printing.
Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: A Wickham trolley

Post by Peter Butler » Sun May 16, 2021 5:15 pm

A magnificent achievement, it looks wonderful.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu May 20, 2021 8:43 am

Sorry Philip, I'm very late to this party, but that really does look fantastic. Love the figures too.

I was reminded of your trolley when I came across this - https://sdjr.co.uk/events/view/wickham-wednesdays

Midsomer Norton's not far from me, I'm very tempted to pop down for a ride one Wednesday - £5 for two people for such a unique experience sounds like an absolute bargain to me!

Andrew.

Trevor Thompson
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Trevor Thompson » Fri May 21, 2021 9:37 am

I have actually been following this - but haven't had much to add.

However it does look spectacular.

It really makes a difference being able to pose the figures to fit the particular model they are going into!

Trevor

philipy

Post by philipy » Fri May 21, 2021 1:48 pm

Thanks for the nice responses guys.

There have been a couple of comments about the figure poses and since this has been a problem to me in the past, a quick rundown on how I did might be helpful.
I made the basic figures in MakeHuman and posed them in Blender as you might guess. To get them accurate I first posed them approximately in Blender and then exported the stl, which I then imported into Sketchup. I made sure the figure was "grouped" and the complete Trolley parts seperately grouped as a complete model. I then simply placed the figure in position on the Trolley so that I could see what needed tweaking back in Blender i.e bend the knee, or straighten the arm, or turn the head, etc. A few seconds playing and then export the stl again and reimport it into SU. Group it and replace the original figure, check the fit and if necessary repeat until satisfied.
Philip