A tale of two Brunels!

A very popular starting point for Live Steam. With their low cost comes a number of problems which can be discussed here
mikewakefielduk@btinterne
Fireman
Fireman

Post by mikewakefielduk@btinterne » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:54 am

Thank you Bill. The garden has very little to do with me so I shall pass on your praise to my better half.

As for who the great man is, why its its Isambard Brunel himself. When I saw Rob Bennett was making a BusyBody caricature of Isambard I just had to get one as the driver for my Brunel.

I think Rob must have based his model on this photo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isambard_K ... Chains.jpg

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 am

mikewakefielduk@btinterne:101953 wrote:and here's my Brunel out in the sunshine today.

http://youtu.be/9SiU6hr_P2c

The gearing is great as it now doesn't race on the downhill stretch and still makes it uphill, all without manual intervention.
That´s a nice line you´ve got and the new gearing (that´s what I was wondering about) seems capable of dealing with ups and downs. Nice :D

mikewakefielduk@btinterne
Fireman
Fireman

Post by mikewakefielduk@btinterne » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:23 pm

The gradient is steep, 1 in 10, hence why all my locos need either gearing or radio control.

Bill/Rubery
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Bill/Rubery » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:05 pm

I wonder what grade my 'hills' are as I have a prodder to get the train up and past the sudden inclines....that's why I prefer a clock-wise direction for live steamers.
Regards, Bill/Rubery

www.amalgamatedconserves.org.uk