Chuffer Fitting Notes

A very popular starting point for Live Steam. With their low cost comes a number of problems which can be discussed here
Chris Bird
Fireman
Fireman

Chuffer Fitting Notes

Post by Chris Bird » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi folks
Roy Wood and I finally got round to fitting a Chuffer to a basic, original Mamod - in fact we fitted it twice as we found a better way after the first attempt! This is probably elementary stuff to many of you guys, but , if you are interested, it is here:

http://www.summerlands-chuffer.co.uk/ma ... 4579808185

Cheers
Chris

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the instructions, they look good. I cannot seem to access the second page on the link provided. Am I doing something wrong?

I have fitted one recently on my scrappy looking model. I have some photos in the video similar to yours. This video also gives a good idea what it would sound like on a standard model. It is using a standard boiler pressure.

<object width="800" height="450"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/KuNr4YTRfSo?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/KuNr4YTRfSo?version=3&hl=en_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="800" height="450" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Chris Bird
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Chris Bird » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:28 pm

ace:90029 wrote:Hi Chris,

Thanks for the instructions, they look good. I cannot seem to access the second page on the link provided. Am I doing something wrong?

I have fitted one recently on my scrappy looking model. I have some photos in the video similar to yours. This video also gives a good idea what it would sound like on a standard model. It is using a standard boiler pressure.
Oh wow Ace - you have made my day - I just love that film :D

You are right that the link wasn't working - I forgot to activate it - it is OK now. And I have room at the bottom of the second page ....I will send you a pm.....
Cheers
Chris

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi Chris, Thanks very much, you have a PM. Having looked at the second page of your tutorial, that is the way I have done it. I really didn't want to make the snake exhaust that you have shown on the first page (probably because I am lazy). But it just seemed a little easier to install once done.