Mamod Mark II Articles

A very popular starting point for Live Steam. With their low cost comes a number of problems which can be discussed here
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Mamod Mark II Articles

Post by Chris Cairns » Fri May 24, 2013 3:41 pm

Lloyd (steamie1) has kept his Mamod Mark II articles very quiet!

I do not subscribe to Garden Rail, and it is not stocked by my local WH Smith. So on a recent train journey 'down south' I managed to pick up a copy of Garden Rail 225 which includes a good article on Lloyd's Mark II makeover.

16mm Today 145 just popped through the post today and there is another (written earlier) article on Lloyd's Mark II. Apparently it has 'A sliver-soldered boiler' (not aware of that method!), but Lloyd obviously had clairvoyance when he penned "it is a silver-soldered oscillating gas-fired loco, tested thoroughly prior to production and she is called Telford!"

Had that indeed been the case I'm sure we would have seen a few owners 'Thomas Telford's on this Forum by now.

Chris Cairns.

steamie1
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by steamie1 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:19 am

I'm so sorry folks spelling and grammer are my bad points. It is an error with the Telford oscillating I do know it is a slip eccentric. Mamod mk2 is Silver soldered. I love the mk2 but it is now in other hands as my exhaust fell off! My wife is in Uni full time I'm house husband with sprog and the bread winner may be I'm taking on too much..
I have just written a book "A Flying Life" amazon/kindle/LuLu it has the stories but is a bit off on grammer. The story needs to be told and so I wrote it .