Rosa

A very popular starting point for Live Steam. With their low cost comes a number of problems which can be discussed here
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:30 pm

£72 plus postage. See his website for more details - http://www.prescottlocos.fsnet.co.uk/

I got it from his trade stall at The Merstham Steam Rally a couple of years ago, plus some of his oil and other odds & ends so got some discount.

Seems to depend on your locos wheel flanges as the old style Mamod locos run OK, new style William does not like it, and my IP Jane seems to struggle some times.

But excellent to see where the steam leaks are whilst running by putting it up on blocks and then using an inspection mirror under the loco. Helped me identify the weakness of the solder fillet at the bottom of the Mamod boiler on the pipe that is used to get the steam pipe up into the steam dome nut.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:36 pm

HMMMMMM, bit expensive for me :cry:

My grandad did say to me once that we could have a go at making one, but its never been high on the 'to do' list :lol:

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:44 pm

Helps a lot when you do not have a Garden railway to try your locos out on, or when the weather is foul like our severe gales here in Scotland recently.