The Coverdale Light Railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Re: The Coverdale Light Railway

Post by IrishPeter » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:48 pm

If I had any of the line laid, it would be under a scale 15 feet of snow this morning! :shock: We got about 9" yesterday, but the City had sprayed brine on Friday so the main streets were open. The only downer is that when they start ploughing the side roads they usually dump the overflow from Federal Street on the pavement in front of our house, which does not square well with the City Ordnance to clear sidewalks within 24 hours of a snowfall. Oh well!

At this point I am wondering whether the CLR needs a snow plough. I was thinking that some sort of large wedge would probably be best. I have seen some on Hungarian (?) narrow gauge lines that resemble a van with a pointed end which would seem to (a) do the job, and (b) not be beyond my constructional skills. However, given my usual speed of construction that will not be an issue until next year!

Cheers,
Peter in Va
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.