The CVLR gets it's new home (WIP railway & stock)

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:49 pm

Looking great Shane, nice walling :D
Don't know about anyone else, but I've had about enough of these grey days, bring on spring!

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Excellent walling, shame I can't use slate walling really... Will have to make some rough block walling for the lineside to keep the soil flicked up by the cats out. Looks excellent!
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Been trialing a new power supply for my IP Jack today. I found that with the standard 7.2v (6 AA cell pack) with the draw off from the RC unit it was seriously lacking in power. The manual conrol Jessie with the same power pack trounced it (8 wagons up gradients for Jessie, 4 for Jack). I mean I know in theroy the Jessie should be better as it has less drag from only 2 coupled axles Vs 3 on the jack but still found it lame. With a bit of tweaking after reading up on the RC system I installed an 11.1v Li-Po cell out of one of my RC helicopters. Wow!! Finally the Jack was powerful. Trialled it light engine & check temps on RC unit & motor..All well. It just did 6 loaded wagons up the bank no worries....well until it decided to lose it's worm gear on the motor shaft! :roll: :cry: Ok so I ave found the weak link...Will adjust that as required.
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Today I decided to do something about the CVLR's wall of death. This is a temp return loop at the top of the line. Only lightly laid it has suffered over winter from a bit of droop & unalignment. As my Countess came off it the other day I thought as a few visiting locos maybe due soon I better sort it out until I can abandon it when the final side of the circuit goes in.

As was when new...

After building up the embankments (just incase) & packing the trackbed then rowlands mix to hold it down better...

Will trial run over it tomorrow & adjust as required.

Also rowlands mixed the other bits that had been tweaked..

& while the camera was out.... ;)

:roll:
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Wow! excellent. I do like the black and white pics.
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:17 pm

:thumbup: Looks good :D
Thanks
Jack

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 pm

90733:48821 wrote::thumbup: Looks good :D
I agree

Tom
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Tom » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Very nice Shane, everythings looking great as usual :D that tunnel looks awfully dark! :lol:
Cheers Tom

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:21 am

Sir Clothem Cap:48845 wrote:
90733:48821 wrote::thumbup: Looks good :D
I agree
Me too - very atmospheric!

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:08 pm

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-vlcD7ooBc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-vlcD7ooBc?fs ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Clips from the start of febuary (Carrie Passenger) & today (the rest).

Hope you enjoy.. :D

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:14 pm

Excelllent Greg I love the atmosphere your railway creates.
Is checknell station based on the RH&DR?

Tom
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Tom » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 am

Nice one Shane! :D

The bogie coaches at the start were wobbling a little bit :D i'm glad I wasnt aboard that service :lol: :D and I like how you've added some truss rods (think thats the right word?) underneath the two NWNGR coaches :D

Looks as if you've got yourself a new director and sound assistant!! :D and your daughters grown loads since the last photo or video she starred in :lol:

And the railways looking great as ever :lol:
Cheers Tom

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:05 am

Excellent stuff! - spring is definitely in the air, I can feel the 2011 season coming on now! :D

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Tom:48930 wrote:The bogie coaches at the start were wobbling a little bit  :D  i'm glad I wasnt aboard that service  :lol:
I know, I had tried to improve the ride quality but they are worse than ever now on side to side wobble.. Need new bogies as the plastic ones underneath them are pants! :D

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Nice broad washers (one glued to the coach and one to the top of the bogie) could sort you out ;)

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Narrow Minded:48941 wrote:Nice broad washers (one glued to the coach and one to the top of the bogie) could sort you out ;)
They already have that Greg, trouble I seem to have is to much flex in the bogies themselves. They keep flexing & dropping the wheelsets as well. Looking at some nice metal bogies to go under them & proper steel wheelsets not the crap plastic axle/wheel with metal tyres things that are on them.

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Decided to build a bridge like structure on one of my lift out sections just to make it blend in nicer...

...Was aiming for a simple bridge type affair but got carried away a bit... :roll: Still need to finish off but ran out of wood. Needs tidying up & painting I think. :D

Still it has given me ideas for a few of the other bridges needed on the line..

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Cool, thats a awesome bridge :D
Thanks
Jack

LMS-Jools
Driver
Driver

Post by LMS-Jools » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:47 pm

Yup that looks very good to me. ;)

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:14 pm

I don't even think it needs painting, I like the red wood. It just wants a little tidying at the ends and maybe some oil. Your pictures make me wish I had a railway, or better yet, a friendly neighbour with one!