Two Dogs Railway v.2

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Two Dogs Railway v.2

Post by Dwayne » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:31 am

Greeting folks. It's been a few months.

First things first is that a second version of the Two Dogs Railway is being cobbled together which is the primary reason for this thread.

Secondly, I've been doing good personally, having found employment with a customer of my previous employer. No silly mini-burkas are required though my new position requires my having to go to other businesses in the OKC area who follow the unconstitutional mandate the city imposed on a supposedly free people. I ignore the stupid mandate and enter these other business establishments without the required, ineffective masks. Nobody ever says a thing to me. Ironically, more of my fellow Oklahoma City neighbors are ignoring the "law" with each passing day. As a free born man I can hold my head high with pride that I defied unlawful edicts instituted by those who serve me and that this entire event was a planned psyop to see that Trump loses in the coming election... which he will win in a massive landslide. ☺

Anyways... the new TDRwy v.2 ironically occupies the same location of my first, small layout. Using repurposed brick from my house remodeling project I constructed a raised layout for the most part in order to keep the entire affair as level as possible.

IMG_12102020_195039_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg
IMG_12102020_195039_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg (254.53 KiB) Viewed 1797 times

The track plan is essentially an oval (for running my live steamer continuously from time to time) following the edge of the curves incorporated in the brick retaining wall. I don't think there will be a straight segment of mainline at all. A small mining town and similarly small mill town (with passing loop) will be the extent of habitation on the TDRwy. Just enough for an operational line which is my primary objective. Nothing fancy here.

I have a few pressing projects on the house that I need to attend to before much colder weather arrives. Once those are completed I will turn my attention more fully to putting down track. The earliest I foresee trains running should be in the spring around March.

Stay tuned...

---

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: Two Dogs Railway v.2

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:06 am

Welcome back Dwayne, good to hear from you again. Great news to hear you have your employment sorted, a concern in these uncertain times. The preparation work for your new line looks both tidy and functional.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?