24Trains.tv

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

24Trains.tv

Post by ge_rik » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:09 pm

Does anyone have any experience with 24Trains.tv?

They have approached me, asking if I would like to transfer 15 of my YouTube videos to their site. If so, I would then earn income every time someone watches them. I have never sought to profit from making my videos or blog posts so this does sound attractive.

However!! I would have to remove those 15 videos from YouTube for at least a year. Although I could still post new videos to YouTube, those 15 old ones wouldn't be available for free.

The 24Trains.tv website does look professional and appealing and it seems to be an offshoot from the Dutch National Railway Museum, so I think it is legit. Or is it?

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

bambuko
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: 24Trains.tv

Post by bambuko » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:54 pm

On Youtube anybody can watch your videos.
On 24Trains.tv only those who are prepared to pay £100 a year subscription would have an access.
Choice is yours :mrgreen:
BTW-I have no illusions about Youtube being actually "free" but this is a subject for another discussion...
I am sure 24Trains.tv is legit, but I will not be subscribing, but that's probaly just me (I don't have Sky, Netflix, etc, etc, either :thumbup: )

philipy

Post by philipy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:38 pm

bambuko wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:54 pm
I am sure 24Trains.tv is legit, but I will not be subscribing, but that's probaly just me (I don't have Sky, Netflix, etc, etc, either :thumbup: )
I have to agree. I have no objection in the slightest to you making a bit of cash from your hard labours but I'm afraid that I wouldn't pay either ( and we've just ditched £44 a month for Sky in favour of £0 a month for Freesat! :D ).
Philip

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:36 pm

I must admit I hadn't fully appreciated the cost of subscription to their website. I certainly wouldn't be able to justify such an expense and, besides, it goes against my principles as to what I feel this hobby and the internet should be about.

As tempting as their offer sounds (though I've no idea what my 'cut' would be), I think I will decline. I much prefer the thought of my videos reaching a wider audience.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Scam, avoid.