3D pens

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
FWLR
Driver
Driver

3D pens

Post by FWLR » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:16 am

Can anyone tell me if these pens are any good. Paradime USB 3D Printing Pen. We are thinking of getting one for the eldest grandson. He is very good at drawing, but he is also getting into making things which we think is great. He does do a lot of little models out of DAS for his school work.

Hopefully he can also get into 3D modelling and his Mum & Dad might get him a decent printer...Can you see where I am going with this.... :lol: :lol:

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: 3D pens

Post by FWLR » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:13 am

Has I haven't had a reply, I thought I had better put a link to what I am looking at for my Grandson.

https://www.rapidonline.com/paradime-us ... fers%20CON

Hope this helps with getting some kind of information...Thanks... :thumbright: :thumbright:

DonW
Fireman
Fireman

Post by DonW » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi Rod
I suspect many are like me. I have heard of them but have no experience so unable to advise

Don

philipy

Post by philipy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Rod,
FWIW, although I know of the existence of these pens I've never even seen one, let alone used one, so I'm no help at all! :lol:
I suspect that the deafening silence also means that nobody else knows anything either, sorry.

My gut feeling is that the models produced with one of these, compared to a proper 3D printer, would be like the difference between a freehand sketch on paper and a computer CAD drawing. That doesn't mean a child wouldn't get satisfaction from playing with one, but don't expect too much from it.

Just my 2 penn'orth.
Philip

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:35 am

DonW wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:55 pm Hi Rod
I suspect many are like me. I have heard of them but have no experience so unable to advise

Don
Thanks Don. No problem.

philipy wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:55 pm Rod,
FWIW, although I know of the existence of these pens I've never even seen one, let alone used one, so I'm no help at all! :lol:
I suspect that the deafening silence also means that nobody else knows anything either, sorry.

My gut feeling is that the models produced with one of these, compared to a proper 3D printer, would be like the difference between a freehand sketch on paper and a computer CAD drawing. That doesn't mean a child wouldn't get satisfaction from playing with one, but don't expect too much from it.

Just my 2 penn'orth.
Thanks Phillip.

I wasn't expecting a flood of replies really.

It was just something I thought may get his Mum & Dad to invest in a proper 3D printer for him. Although he is still only a young lad, well just a baby really in our old age... :lol: ... He is really very talented,( I know bias ), he is one of those that can pick things up very quickly and I am hoping that he uses his skills that I know he has and makes for himself a future that will give him a lot of satisfaction... Have I asking or hoping too much.....

Thanks anyway. For the price we may just get one for him, you never know even if it only gets something he can say he made from it would be great....

PS, The company that does these do a lot for schools, so it may be something he may come across at some point....