Hi Everyone

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Hi Everyone

Post by Dwayne » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:03 pm

It's been several months since I last checked in with ya'll. Lot of changes have occurred in my life. The wife unit and I are now history and divorced. Strike two for me... don't foresee there ever being a third woman in my life that I slip a ring onto her finger... or at least I hope not to do.

As a result of our divorce, I retained the house, my car, the two dogs, four chickens, and a few bits and pieces of furniture. Everything else and her cat were loaded into a moving van and driven 1500 miles north to Battleford, Saskatchewan to deliver to her daughter's place. After my return, she flew out from Oklahoma City having watched and taken care of the dogs and chickens for me during the four days while I hauled her stuff to the Great White North.

The house will be undergoing some changes in the coming months and years. First is to halfway furnish it again... though as a single man I really don't need much. My plans include some extensive remodeling of the kitchen, floor upgrades and the removal of the north add on room that a previous owner cobbled together with scrap lumber, duct tape and bailing wire. A new laundry/mud room will take it's place which should give me a new area for a covered & screened in patio.

Which brings me to the model railroad aspect of life. As mentioned in the beginning of the Two Dogs Railway, I had taken an interest in permaculture gardening... which I still retain. However, with one less mouth to account for... those plans will be scaled back and revised. The NDRwy has been sadly neglected these past months and with our crazy weather in dire need of attention as it has been overgrown with plant life.

With so much more time on my hands... I've decided on a new version of railroad closer in to the future patio... the Two Dogs Mining Company. This layout will be a raised loop to loop layout with a southwestern dessert theme... meaning very little in the way of plant life that needs to be trimmed, pruned, watered and maintained. Rocks, sand and gravel will be the dominate scenery. Maybe a cactus or two if I feel adventurous.

So that's about it for the most part. It's been a hell of a few months lately. Stay tuned for a new railroad in the coming months. :D

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by tom_tom_go » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pm

I am glad you are still out there Dwayne and look forward to hearing about your new railway soon.

Take it easy!

philipy

Post by philipy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Welcome back Dwayne. You appear to be one resiliant man, the way you cope with all your various trauma's!
Do keep us posted as things progress.
Philip

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Always sad to hear such a story, but you seem to have come through the experience intact. Your future plans are well thought out and prioritised and I wish you all best wishes to achieve your desires.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:21 pm

:shock: Hi Dwayne,
it sounds like you need some 'me' time and what better time to get some garden railroading planned. I'm on wife No 3 who is very supportive of my garden railway but that's another story.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it. ย If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dwayne » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:34 am

Thanks guys. We split on amicable terms. Unlike my first divorce from my high school sweetheart, this one was a non-event. We'd become more like roommates instead of being a husband & wife team.

Once I have the add-on portion of the house dismantled I'll have a clearer picture of how things will progress. Budget constraints are also a consideration now that I'm down to only my income for daily survival. Overall, things are looking very good for me. This next chapter of life is going to be my best yet! :thumbright:

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:04 am

Well it's onwards and upwards Dwayne. I am like andymctractor. Anne is the best that's happened to me and supports me 100%.
Looking forward to more on your new line soon.

Soar Valley Light
Driver
Driver

Post by Soar Valley Light » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:10 pm

Nice to see you back Dwayne. Looking forward to hearing more when the chnace comes to progress the railroading.

All the best,

Andrew
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"

Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dwayne » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:13 pm

Thanks guys for the positive comments. Much appreciated.

I've been busy clearing out the add-on room in preparation for it's eventual dismantling. Once that major task is completed I'll have a better idea of what space the new laundry/mudroom will occupy and where to locate the new layout in relation to that room and the envisioned adjacent patio area.

dewintondave
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by dewintondave » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:17 am

Welcome back Dwayne
Best wishes,
Dave