When you go to use something.....

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
FWLR
Driver
Driver

When you go to use something.....

Post by FWLR » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:40 pm

When you are doing something on anything you are making and you go to get that thing you need to get it done, so you can move on to the next stage and you have everything set up ready to go, then you realise that it won't start or it's not working correctly. You think, oh well I had my moneys worth out of it and you decide to go and buy another one, then it hits you. It's Sunday and most if not all of the stores that you get most your modelling gear from are closed...

Well that happened to me today, I was going with the intention of doing some soldering on something for the garage for the line, when I went to pick up the iron, it seemed a bit strange, there wasn't any sound coming from the sponge that I use to clean the tip. Normally there is a hissing, but nothing. I thought it must be the fuse, so I changed it, still nothing. I had to accept that it wasn't going to come back to life and put it in the grey bin to be laid up in the sky to rest.......

So onto the world wide web and I found another that seems to be better than the last one, being delivered tomorrow. So it's only a day lost, but annoying never the less.

But these things happen, I just wish it didn't happen on Sundays........ :roll: :roll:

dewintondave
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: When you go to use something.....

Post by dewintondave » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:31 am

Very true Rod!
Best wishes,
Dave